Jakk's Pacific 31" Darth Vader figure

Has any seen the photos of this toy? I'm actually pretty impressed with the overall look of it. Of course, most of the body looks like lawn-ornament quality plastic and the hip-joint area looks a bit... odd, but the helmet sculpt looks great. Plus the size of the soft-goods means that they hang from the figure in a much more realistic way.

This is definitely something that I might consider buying, but that $50 price tag is going to be a bit painful.

Now I'd actually be interested in seeing other characters made in this line, like a Stormtrooper, Boba Fett or even a TIE Pilot.

Only the photos Steve has put up, and I am just not into it at all, nothing at that scale ever makes sense to me, it always has compromises and limited everything - articulation, paint, sculpting - and then I can't imagine putting them in my house anywhere. This piece doesn't look bad for $50 if you have a place for it though.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Well, whether I buy one or not is going to be 100% dependent on my impression of this thing in the stores. It is kind of an odd scale, now that I think about it, but I'm sure it was designed with 4-5 year old boys in mind who probably aren't much taller than 31" themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Well, whether I buy one or not is going to be 100% dependent on my impression of this thing in the stores. It is kind of an odd scale, now that I think about it, but I'm sure it was designed with 4-5 year old boys in mind who probably aren't much taller than 31" themselves.
    It's bigger than Shogun Warriors but smaller than My Size Barbie, it's a very odd size.

I saw more pics, looks alright but the cape being slightly sheer is unacceptable, especially at this scale.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.