Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Arrow Red, Green & MAYBE Yellow Clones!

Green, left corner

Yellow, bottom right corner

Yellow looks to be a reflection, but on the one in front, it looks too "thick".
    "God's in his Heaven, All's right with the World." -NERV

That green one is just the yellow one in funny light. The red one is the commander and the yellow one is the captain. Nice thought though it would get awfully confusing to have yellow and green when there's so many of them. So I'm sure there's just the two colours and the plain white one. Course, it'll be easy enough to customise any colour you want once the figgies come out

I can't wait for those die-hard diorama fans to recreate this scene!

"SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

I saw the yellow too. I am pretty sure we will be getting that one too.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Originally posted by SirSteve
    I can't wait for those die-hard diorama fans to recreate this scene!

Well I plan on getting a card table and then putting up a giant back ground with a couple gunships and hopefully a bunch of Clone Troopers, should be cool.

Just for the record, there were some posts awhile back somewhere that had a picture of squads of Clone Troopers coming out of those ships and stuff and someone pointed out that each squad had 90 Clone Troopers + 1 Yellow trooper in front of them leading and the yellow on the trooper was very appearant. My guess is that the Yellow troopers lead the ones in the bigger ships while the red ones lead the ones in the gunships.
    Last edited by LTBasker; 03-11-2002 at 06:27 PM.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

The figure of the clonetrooper displayed at the Toy Fair recently with red markings/insignia emblazened on its armour, was referred to as the Clone Captain. So if the rank of Captain is denoted by red on the armour, then presumably the yellow belongs to the rank of commander (OOM-9 springs to mind here). Just an idea. We saw 3 colours denoting rank on battle droids in TPM: yellow, red and blue, perhaps a similar set-up is what's being done by the Republic in AOTC.

Okay so it might be the other way round, but it still means just two colours and the regular white. I can't see a commander leading troops around in formation though. That'd be the captains job. So the captain would be the yellow one and the commander doing more tactical stuff or on the bridge of the ships would be the one with red markings. Messy explanation but it seems logical to me. (Where's BigBarada who used to be a sergeant when you need him to explain the ranking system. )

I won't be buying any clones until they improve the sculpt. The movie version is more squat about the helmet than these toys. More robust looking and more stocky. The toys look shiny and the movie version has a matt finish. I guess hasbro just worked off the drawn designs or maquette not the finished costume.

Still maybe by the time we get a yellow version of the clone we'll get a better sculpt. The preview version is lacking somewhat and the red highlighted one is posed strangely again. A neutral clone would be nice. An army building pack would be nice. Four clones - one red, one yellow and two plain. with commtech stormie style articulation or more. Yeah, dream on Jargo......

Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
    Okay so it might be the other way round, but it still means just two colours and the regular white. I can't see a commander leading troops around in formation though. That'd be the captains job. So the captain would be the yellow one and the commander doing more tactical stuff or on the bridge of the ships would be the one with red markings. Messy explanation but it seems logical to me. (Where's BigBarada who used to be a sergeant when you need him to explain the ranking system. )

I agree, we'll only see two coloured rankings: red and yellow on their armour. But bear this in mind, the battle droid with the yelllow markings/dot, OOM-9, fought along side his comrades (re: opening assault in TPM), AND led, in a strategic capacity, the attack on Naboo - dual role. My guess is the clonetroopers with red markings lead the ground assault while those with yellow man/fly the assault craft/gunships/AT- AE.

In naval military rankings, Commander is lower than Captain. I'd follow the red guy into battle. More charismatic! Yellow is cowardice.

If you want me to recreate that diorama, Steve, I'll start accepting donations for the funding I'll need to buy THOUSANDS of Clonetrooper figures. Sheesh.

Lol! I got three big, shiny pennies coming your way Rollo!
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?