Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    I thought about collecting all cantina aliens done in this scale.

Thought about it.

That would depend on them making obscurities like Labrina or Hem Dazon, more than just the predictable Momaw Nadon (as nice as that could be) and Ponda Baba, Zutton, etc.

I'll wait and see.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Reveal #2 for Greedo is up now. Looking very very good so far. Love all the attention to detail.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/im...BS_reveal2.png
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

It's sort of odd that they decided to add pockets to the vest - the Paul Blake costume has pockets but the Maria D'Aragon costume, which is the one used in close-ups, does not. None of the 3 3/4" figures (three sculpts plus revised paint jobs for one of them) have pockets on the vest - I'm not sure why they're following the behind-the-scenes photos so much more than the film itself.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I think the vest looks better with pockets. And he does have pockets in some shots.

If it's soft enough plastic you can probably just reverse it? We'll see if the final version has pockets.

What does Greedo need pockets for? Hasbro is already reaching deep into our own for these.

Remember, I think these are $20 per figure MSRP.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    What does Greedo need pockets for? Hasbro is already reaching deep into our own for these.

Remember, I think these are $20 per figure MSRP.
    I don't think anyone forgot the price. It's pretty decent price for a high quality 6" Collectors line.

Dang, there's a lot of work going into this piece, I feel bad now that I have little interest in getting a Greedo figure.

I figure Hasbro/GG is going on what the Lucasfilm archives present them with. It is odd to have pockets on the vest, and a boxy belt, though.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    I think the vest looks better with pockets. And he does have pockets in some shots.
    He does indeed have pockets in some shots, but I consider the pocket-free version to be the main version, since that's what we see in his confrontation with Han (which is essentially his entire screentime). Those close-ups were specifically done since the original version looked poor, so why would Hasbro go back to the version that the movie itself doesn't prefer?

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    I figure Hasbro/GG is going on what the Lucasfilm archives present them with. It is odd to have pockets on the vest, and a boxy belt, though.
    The first week's reference image reveal at least had two shots of the Maria D'Aragon costume, but this week is 100% Paul Blake. LFL is usually better about this sort of thing, but I would hope that Hasbro would at least watch the character's scenes once or twice to verify.

The belt doesn't bug me since you really only ever see one version of the belt in the finished film, and it's boxy. The 1999 Commtech figure had smallish boxes, and the VTSC figure smoothed them out so it could fit a holster over the belt.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

"Oota Goota, Solo?" - Week 3 Greedo Reveal is now up. And awesome!

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/im...BS_reveal3.png

The case listing for Wave 2 has shown up. So now we know what's in Wave 2 and Wave 3.

Wave 2
    1x Slave Leia
    1x Boba Fett
    1x EP. IV Han Solo
    1x Ep. III Anakin Skywalker

So that means that Wave 3 is likely...

1x Greedo
    1x Luke Skywalker: Bespin
    1x Stormtrooper
    1x Ep. III Obi-Wan Kenobi