6" Shadow Squadron Speederbike, Scout, and Commander Set Now Available

http://www.target.com/p/star-wars-th...k/-/A-15352158

I just posted this in the news, but this thing is available for the surprisingly reasonable price of $50 with free shipping. I'm not a "shadow squadron" guy myself, so that's $50 staying in my wallet, but that's $60 retail of product in a big box for $50, that's a bargain right there.

If you like black, gray, and silver accents, this set is for you.

And no, I haven't a clue why they went with those poses on that background, that is a really odd packaging choice.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    And no, I haven't a clue why they went with those poses on that background, that is a really odd packaging choice.
    "Hey, Gary! Gary! Check this out! YEEEEEEEE-HAAAAAAAAAAAWW!!!!!"
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The boxed picture may still be a promo picture, the ones that have been getting posted on FB Groups have had the Speederbike at a level position with the rifles above the front end.

I'm a little torn on the set. On one hand, at $50 it's a really good price for some fun with extra Imperial troops. But, at the same time, the "Shadow" troops have been slightly cheesy and overused, and the greyish blue used for the weapons & highlights looks cheap. Like a bootleg decision. If I have the spare cash or find them on clearance then I'll probably get a couple sets, but if I miss them I won't be crushed.

One thing I am curious about, and probably should have posted in the Q&A suggestions, is if they gave the Shadow Sand/Stormtrooper a grey-ish blue pauldron rather than an all black one so they won't need to release an individual grey-ish blue Sandtrooper. Seems strange that they were already producing all black pauldrons for Series 5 but decided to give this one some paint.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    I'm a little torn on the set. On one hand, at $50 it's a really good price for some fun with extra Imperial troops. But, at the same time, the "Shadow" troops have been slightly cheesy and overused, and the greyish blue used for the weapons & highlights looks cheap. Like a bootleg decision. If I have the spare cash or find them on clearance then I'll probably get a couple sets, but if I miss them I won't be crushed.
    You know, I have to agree on that greyish blue, it does look cheap and like a lesser line's color. I probably will do as you are thinking, if I see it on a nice clearance price I'll get a set, but I don't think I'll cry over missing them if I don't.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.