Hybrid View

Article: J.J. Abrams on 'Star Wars' Plans: 'Honoring But Not Revering' Past

"SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Man, filming in 2014 for a movie that is supposed to be released in 2015 seems like a really tight schedule for something that will likely be as CG heavy as I'm sure Ep7 will be.

Don't worry. With Abrams at the helm, it's just a matter of dropping in the le--

Wait, what? Lens flare jokes have been prohibited at this site? DAMN!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Maybe they will show some restraint and cut back on the CG this time around.

If he "honors" it as much as he did 2009's New Coke Star Trek, we're ruined.

Chux, New Coke Trek with all those lens flares, adding CGI lens flares, bringing flashlights onto the set to point into the camera... this is supposed to be a starship, it's supposed to be a scientific and military endeavor where workstations are meant to be clear for the user to focus on and not distracting, nothing should be shining in everyone's eyes all the time, you wouldn't see that on the bridge of an aircraft carrier or a submarine, he just did it to be a showoff without any thought behind it. Thus he earns all the derision possible for that lens flares thing, and you make all the jokes you want for it.

Anyway, Abrams shouldn't bother moving to London unless he's going to direct all 3 films, especially with post production being done back here in California.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    He said for New Coke Trek that there were lens flares added in after-effects, despite what the video says. Other than that, very funny and educational (not to me, I already knew that stuff).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.