Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kmart exclusive Ewok Assault Catapult set

Photos have surfaced of the upcoming Ewok Assault Catapult set that's coming to Kmart. The catapult itself is an awesome-looking new sculpt, and the set includes two new (repainted) Ewoks! One is light brown and tan striped with a light blue hood, bringing some diversity in that area, and the other is a brown one that appears to be a big David Bowie fan. It looks like the catapult might have a firing mechanism, given the rope that's seen in the loose shot, but the piece doesn't suffer for it visually. This set looks too damn cool!
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I think Ewok stuff is awesome!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

This set looks really neat. Any idea what the names of the ewoks are?

The Ewoks are seen loading the boulder into the catapult in this image and in a behind-the-scenes photo as well. It seems that the light-colored one might be based on the same Ewok that was the basis for Nho'Apakk, and looks to share the same head (on the TVC Logray body), but now has stripes and a lighter hood.

It does look cool, and lately I too have felt that Ewok stuff is awesome. But what is this "Kmart" of which you spoke? Is that somehow related to the Mart of Wal, or a less-quick qwiky-mart?
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

The K-mart across the street from me closed. I'll have to go to a distant one and "massage" the toy manager.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Does anyone know when this set will be released?
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarthVader View Post
    Does anyone know when this set will be released?
    The card at SDCC said November, but those are often incorrect so it could be earlier or later.

Its apparently been confirmed that this and the Imperial scanning crew sets are going to hit KMarts in October. Its $16 for the imperial set and $21 for the Ewok set.

And it costs me an additional $11 to drive to K-Mart if the one I'm thinking of is still open at the location I knew of.

The one across the street from me closed.

This wouldn't be a problem, but I'm collecting these two sets.