Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Well, Amazon put a stop to the sales. The site says "Currently Unavailable" and the following statement appears:

This item is currently unavailable because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible.
    So it looks like they are fixing the problem, but it's hard to say when they will open up sales again. :-/
    May the force be with you.

I got mine today and it came without a box, opened, and completely smashed up. Who do you talk to to get a replacement?
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Amazon customer service 1-888-280-3321

Report is that the problem is widespread, some shipping without parts and word is Amazon has been offering refunds in lieu of exchanges.

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Stri...ref=pd_sim_t_1

Someone posted a dozen pictures to the Amazon site showing the damaged box! Wow.

Got mine yesterday. Came in the white mailer inside a larger brown box packed with paper. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones....
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkJedi5 View Post
    Got mine yesterday. Came in the white mailer inside a larger brown box packed with paper. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones....
    That's good news, congrats!

Hopefully the problem isn't as widespread as some people fear, and Amazon will be able to get this back on track.

From some of the comments I've been reading, it sounds like where it ships from can make a big difference on how it arrives. The problem area seems to be when it ships from Virginia(where mine is coming from unfortunately). Those are the ones arriving without any kind of outer box. The ones shipping out of Arizona, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrooper View Post
    From some of the comments I've been reading, it sounds like where it ships from can make a big difference on how it arrives. The problem area seems to be when it ships from Virginia(where mine is coming from unfortunately). Those are the ones arriving without any kind of outer box. The ones shipping out of Arizona, not so much.
    That sounds likely. Mine came from AZ and barely had any damage. The damage on mine was clearly caused BEFORE shipping because mine came in an Amazon box with some paper stuffing and the white Hasbro box inside, the white box was dented on one edge, no way that happened in shipping because there's nothing that could have hit the corner in that box.

The actual package box had a corresponding dent on the edge, less pronounced, no big deal to me. The main box was upside down in the white box, and on opening, the inner tray was loaded upside down as well. I don't have many of these vintage-style boxes, but this is much more matte and gritty to the touch.

The ship needs to be put together horizontal, the wings anyway. Paint is pretty good, greener than the model on the box and not quite as sharp in some areas, but good. 6 stickers plus as many pre-applied, they are not like anything I can remember, clear tinted thin shallow matte plastic, none are too difficult to get on but the front pair aren't obvious - the pic on the box top shows their placement.

Sculpt is good, lots of details all over, inside hatches too. Features are plentiful but could maybe use more. The sliding ramp is difficult to open without a tool, and leads to a wall, not a working door. The left side panel hinges up and stays up, is not removable. The front canopy and panel hinge up and does not stay up by itself, it also pops open easily, but is removable.

The Han Solo block is hollow in the back and is somewhat thick from the side. The body sculpt is ok, a bit weird texture but not bad. The nose on mine has been flattened, the block fits snug on the sides but plenty of room above, so I dunno what is up there.

The big feature is the rotating wings unlocking the rotating cockpit, it works on mine but the wings need to be pushed hard to lock in fight position, there's a click past what feels like the end of travel.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

So is this bigger than the OTC Slave I?

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    So is this bigger than the OTC Slave I?
    Considerably. Found this comparison of the originals of each: http://www.flickr.com/photos/darthray/5064142572/
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.