Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Article: Hasbro The Vintage Collection Slave I Amazon Exclusive Pre-order Begins

"SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

The Clone Wars version was only $10 more and included a Jedi Starfighter and five figures, two of which were new sculpts. I find it interesting that the link calls it a six-pack, since rumors say that it included figures that were taken out to be resold elsewhere.

Still, I guess $100 with free shipping isn't that bad. Thanks for the link!

Anyone notice how the Vintage Collection Amazon Pre-order for the TIE Interceptor says that it comes with seven figures?

Here's the TIE Interceptor. It doesn't come with any figures - I think whoever put these up on Amazon must have been confused by the box art, since there are six figures on the Slave I box and seven on the Interceptor, which are the numbers indicated in the listings. So maybe there weren't originally going to be more figures with the Slave I after all. Either way, Amazon needs to sort it out.

Yeah, thanks Mike for the tip.

I think Amazon will change the titles to remove the multipack counts. I don't think these were ever planned to come with figures, but someone at Amazon saw the box art and got confused.

I preordered this thing when I saw it, not sure if I can justify $100 for it though, that's a lot of scratch for what's at most a $60 vehicle.

To me $50 for the TIE and $100 for Slave 1 is just a bit high. I think $35 for the TIE and $65 for Slave 1 would be fair, but I'm probably just living in the past with that idea. If I recall correctly I paid close to $99 for the AT-AT and that's probably my favorite vehicle. I'm (grudgingly) in for a TIE, but I just can't justify spending $100 on Slave 1 no matter how much I'd like to have it.

Ugh, $100 for a Slave I. Pass.

The actual vintage Slave I is going for about $80 on ebay.
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I think Amazon will change the titles to remove the multipack counts. I don't think these were ever planned to come with figures, but someone at Amazon saw the box art and got confused.

I preordered this thing when I saw it, not sure if I can justify $100 for it though, that's a lot of scratch for what's at most a $60 vehicle.
    I also believe someone goofed after looking at the boxes, but there was still a rumor from a somewhat reputable source on Rebelscum that said there were going to be figures in the set at one point. This was before it was ever confirmed - publicly, we've always known it was only coming with the carbonite block, but obviously it takes a while to plan these items and things often change.

Quote Originally Posted by morpheus282 View Post
    To me $50 for the TIE and $100 for Slave 1 is just a bit high. I think $35 for the TIE and $65 for Slave 1 would be fair, but I'm probably just living in the past with that idea. If I recall correctly I paid close to $99 for the AT-AT and that's probably my favorite vehicle. I'm (grudgingly) in for a TIE, but I just can't justify spending $100 on Slave 1 no matter how much I'd like to have it.
    The last release of the TIE Interceptor in 2009 was a $50 TRU exclusive. I believe it's an identical sculpt but the versions have different paint apps. The TRU version also had a TIE Pilot figure, but it's not like we don't have tons of those by this point already.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post

To be fair, this one is significantly larger than the original. I wonder if they modified it at all from the Clone Wars version other than paint, but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by morpheus282 View Post
    Yeah, the AT-AT was $100. And yes, you're right that $35 and $65 are way more reasonable; tragically that is called "living in the past" despite the TIE Interceptor being a pile of significantly-reused parts and the Slave I being a mere paintjob and Han Solo carbonite block. I'm the opposite of you though, the Slave I is big and new to me; the TIE Interceptor is something I could literally throw together with toys I already have, so I'm getting the Slave I and passing on the TIE.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post

The actual vintage Slave I is way smaller and hollow inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I also believe someone goofed after looking at the boxes, but there was still a rumor from a somewhat reputable source on Rebelscum that said there were going to be figures in the set at one point. This was before it was ever confirmed - publicly, we've always known it was only coming with the carbonite block, but obviously it takes a while to plan these items and things often change.
    I guess we have another question for Hasbro then. That said, this is a good example of why SSG doesn't trade in rumors.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    The last release of the TIE Interceptor in 2009 was a $50 TRU exclusive. I believe it's an identical sculpt but the versions have different paint apps. The TRU version also had a TIE Pilot figure, but it's not like we don't have tons of those by this point already.
    I didn't buy that one due to finances - I couldn't afford it and everything else that was out at the time. Since it's the only TIE wth the new cockpit design that I don't have (and there's nothing else on the shelf right now) it's time for me to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Yeah, the AT-AT was $100. And yes, you're right that $35 and $65 are way more reasonable; tragically that is called "living in the past" despite the TIE Interceptor being a pile of significantly-reused parts and the Slave I being a mere paintjob and Han Solo carbonite block. I'm the opposite of you though, the Slave I is big and new to me; the TIE Interceptor is something I could literally throw together with toys I already have, so I'm getting the Slave I and passing on the TIE.
    I didn't get any of the modern TIE interceptors for various reasons and while I would like to get both the exclusives I just can't justify $100 on Slave 1 right now. To me the AT-AT was twice the value for that price even if it was released a few years ago. If it gets clearanced down to $75 I'll probably go for it, otherwise I'll just have to skip it for now.