Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    OKAY, I can buy the 2013 Jango Fett Slave I for $20-$30 on ebay. Is there a significant difference? Or did Hasbro go with the old standby one mold different paint job thing?
    May the force be with you.

As far as I know, its just a repaint with a new Carbonite Han. I decided to preorder both the Slave 1 and the Interceptor. I didn't get the last release of the interceptor and I really wanted the Big Slave 1 in ESB colors, so I decided to splurge and get em.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    OKAY, I can buy the 2013 Jango Fett Slave I for $20-$30 on ebay. Is there a significant difference? Or did Hasbro go with the old standby one mold different paint job thing?
    Yeeow, they're not even remotely close. The 2013 Jango version in the Yoda box is the scaled-down version that's the tiniest version so far, even smaller than the 2002 Jango version or the vintage/POTF2 Boba version. It only fits one figure and fires a missile from its front. It is currently available in stores for $20. This Vintage release is a repaint of the 2010 version from the Rise of Boba Fett Ultimate Battle Pack, which was a TRU exclusive that included the AOTC/TCW Slave I, Mace Windu's Jedi Starfighter, and figures of Anakin, Mace, Boba, Bossk, and Mace's droid R8-B7. It fits three figures in the cockpit and includes a spacious interior, extendable ramp, two firing missiles, two dropping bombs, and a few hidden compartments that can fit the carbonite. It's huge. You can see a comparison between the two ships here.

Quote Originally Posted by snowtrooper View Post
    As far as I know, its just a repaint with a new Carbonite Han.
    The carbonite Han is a non-thawed repaint of the accessory that came with the late 2005/early 2006 TSC Han figure.

Yeah, that thing is the smallest Slave I toy for regular figures EVER, it's not really worthy of Boba Fett. That comparison Jabbajohn put up says a lot too, and I didn't even realize that the new one has NO WEATHERING, how cheap is that?!?

In comparing this new Boba Fett Slave I to its original Clone Wars release on ebay, it's closed for $53 and once for $100 loose, and hasn't been offered packaged in the last 3 months I guess.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

That one Slave I looks like an escape pod for the other.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Wow, okay, that is a MASSIVE difference! Still not ready to drop $100, but much better than I originally thought.
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    After looking through the photo gallery and reminding myself how cool it was in 2010, I have to admit that I'd like to buy the Amazon release. However, the gallery also reminds me that the TRU price was $109.99 for this ship, a Jedi starfighter, and five figures. The current Amazon price tag is just a little silly even accounting for three years of inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    That one Slave I looks like an escape pod for the other.
    Ha! Yeah it does.

Wow, okay, that is a MASSIVE difference! Still not ready to drop $100, but much better than I originally thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheus282 View Post
    After looking through the photo gallery and reminding myself how cool it was in 2010, I have to admit that I'd like to buy the Amazon release. However, the gallery also reminds me that the TRU price was $109.99 for this ship, a Jedi starfighter, and five figures. The current Amazon price tag is just a little silly even accounting for three years of inflation.
    Yeah, I hear you guys on both. I'd be in the same boat but I've wanted a better Slave I for a while, so I'm willing to go out on a limb to get it just a little further.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Whoops! I meant to say it was a repaint of the CW multipack version released a few years back. NOT the crappy 2013 version.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrooper View Post
    Whoops! I meant to say it was a repaint of the CW multipack version released a few years back. NOT the crappy 2013 version.
    We knew, you didn't say the wrong thing.