Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    The price has been lowered to $69.99, thankfully. The placard said it would be that price at SDCC and now Amazon has updated accordingly. Hopefully this will move more units now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    The price has been lowered to $69.99, thankfully. The placard said it would be that price at SDCC and now Amazon has updated accordingly. Hopefully this will move more units now.
    I just saw that, and since it's only $5 more than my previously stated "fair price" I put in a preorder. God only knows where I'm going to put the thing though - if I'm judging the pictures of the last release correctly it looks huge.

Now if they'd only drop the TIE by $10 I'd be really happy.

RS is reporting that Amazon shipping is a hot mess right now. One guy got his shipped without a box, they just slapped the shipping label on the package and it arrived in HORRIBLE shape. Then another customer received his double boxed (Hasbro white mailer wrapped and put inside a regular box) which arrived in pristine condition.

I am planning on ordering one of these, but I will wait a few days until they get the shipping problem worked out.

Amazon has been notified about the problem.
    May the force be with you.

I preordered mine awhile ago and am quite concerned about this shipping fiasco. My Omega Supreme had a dinged corner when they shipped it to me earlier this year.

No worries, look like Amazon is fixing this, they will mail out all vehicles in white mailer box inside a shipping box and will replace any wrongly shipped Slave I's no questions asked.

WOW, that's how to treat a customer!

I think someone or someones at the warehouse level screwed up. I've gotten a few Joe exclusives from Amazon before, and they always come in a plain brown mailer box, which contains the white box from Hasbro (and it's been packed with paper or bubbles each time, never a tight fit or one of their sloppy "toss it in a huge box or tiny envelope and hope it makes it there safe" fiascoes), which keeps the interior packaging in mint condition or close to it. (Kinda like SK99 said they'll be doing from now on.) Amazon should never have slapped a label on the white box, or, worse, taken the ship out and put the label on the actual packaging.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Mine is going to show up tomorrow. I had to take Amazon to task for overcharging me and not honoring the pre-order price guarantee, they refunded me the $30 difference but I shouldn't have to do that. Hopefully the shipping box disaster is a one-off mistake.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I got mine yesterday and it was shipped in the white box. The front is in pristine condition but the sides have a couple of good dents in them.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesbondo07 View Post
    I got mine yesterday and it was shipped in the white box. The front is in pristine condition but the sides have a couple of good dents in them.
    Contact Amazon, they have said that they will make this right no questions asked. Sorry to hear about your luck. Looks like I better get mine on order as these will become harder to find as the damaged ones get sent back.

Some people are saying when you make an order, say its a gift so they put some kind of cover on it. I didn't learn about that until later so I'm waiting to see what kind of shape mine comes in.