Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Considerably. Found this comparison of the originals of each: http://www.flickr.com/photos/darthray/5064142572/
    Hmmm...looks about the same size as the OTC version that came with Boba Fett. I am looking at this picture so it's a little difficult to compare, but the OTC version is a good bit taller than Boba Fett when laid down flat.

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?i...lave1boxfr.jpg
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    Hmmm...looks about the same size as the OTC version that came with Boba Fett. I am looking at this picture so it's a little difficult to compare, but the OTC version is a good bit taller than Boba Fett when laid down flat.

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?i...lave1boxfr.jpg
    The one on the right in JT's comparison photo was repainted as the OTC version. Seriously, the new one is huge - what is it going to take to convince you?
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Is this the third, or fourth different Slave 1 molds? Including the small one just released.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    The one on the right in JT's comparison photo was repainted as the OTC version. Seriously, the new one is huge - what is it going to take to convince you?
    Well I'm just gonna have to order this monster Slave I. Thanks a lot guys, I just ordered the Kotobukiya 10 inch Darth Vader and Boba Fett (ESB versions) now the Salve I will wipe out my budget for a week or two. Perhaps I shouldn't have bought 7 of those new 6 inch Black Series figures.

BTW, Amazon has them back up for sale on their site, if they have any left in a week or two I may order another (one MIMB and one to open). Good thing we're not on RS, or I'd get flamed for daring to consider ordering 2.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    Good thing we're not on RS, or I'd get flamed for daring to consider ordering 2.
    DAMN YOU TO HELL, YOU PIECE OF CRAP RAT-BUSTARD!!!!!!

(Just trying to complete the experience for you. )
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Bwahaha.

Plus I signed up for a free month of Amazon Prime, so I got free 2 day shipping! Take that!

So anyway, it's done, my addiction re-ignited I must now begin the process of downsizing my collection to make room.

If anyone is interested in PT loose (possibly even some carded) figures PM me. I will probably be making a post in the trades section. I hate to resort to ebay to get rid of my unwanted figures. I'm sure I have a ton of Clones and Droids circa 2002-2006ish.

Quote Originally Posted by darth metalmute View Post
    Is this the third, or fourth different Slave 1 molds? Including the small one just released.
    1. ESB Vintage (1980) - repainted for SOTE/POTF2 (1996)
    2. AOTC "Saga" (2002) - repainted for ESB OTC (2004)
    3. TCW/AOTC Rise of Boba Fett (2010) - repainted for ESB TVC (2013)
    4. AOTC Class II (2013) - repainted for ESB Class II (2013)

Vintage is the original, of course; AOTC is the one with the rotating spring-loaded missile launcher in front, bigger than vintage but not by too crazy much; Rise of Boba Fett is the huge version that was repainted for Amazon; Class II is the tiny little $20 one.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    1. ESB Vintage (1980) - repainted for SOTE/POTF2 (1996)
    2. AOTC "Saga" (2002) - repainted for ESB OTC (2004)
    3. TCW/AOTC Rise of Boba Fett (2010) - repainted for ESB TVC (2013)
    4. AOTC Class II (2013) - repainted for ESB Class II (2013)

Vintage is the original, of course; AOTC is the one with the rotating spring-loaded missile launcher in front, bigger than vintage but not by too crazy much; Rise of Boba Fett is the huge version that was repainted for Amazon; Class II is the tiny little $20 one.
    So, size wise, if I were to make a list...

AOTC Class II (2013) = Small
    Vintage/SOTE/POTF2 = Medium
    AOTC "Saga" OTC = Large
    TCW/AOTC Rise of Boba/Amazon = Super Sized

I was fairly sure my OTC version was bigger than my POTF2/SOTE versions. That's probably where I was confused.

Though I still maintain that the original $100 was too steep, $75 is easier to swallow. I say $75 because Amazon charged sales tax. Maybe I'll feel differently when this monster arrives, I just hope it doesn't dwarf my Millenium Falcon.

Got mine today. Sadly. It was from AZ, but it shipped only in the white mailer box and, as a result, arrived with dinged corners and a has two dented piercings which went through the the white cardboard and through the interior box. I'm not sure how to proceed. It's not as bad as many of the photos I've seen, but I don't want to accept substandard quality for the price I paid. I also don't want to have to ship it back to them in this condition, where the post office will likely say that they won't accept a package in that state as shippable. I'm also concerned that Amazon might consider my complaints to be fraudulent since I am sure they've received tons of the false claims looking for refunds. Any suggestions?

I'd contact them if you're not planning to open it and toss the box. Amazon generally has excellent service, and they're aware of this problem. If you're concerned about the condition of the box, use their chat or request a phone call; I'd be shocked if they don't make it right.
    Tommy, close your eyes.