Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    The one on the right in JT's comparison photo was repainted as the OTC version. Seriously, the new one is huge - what is it going to take to convince you?
    Thanks, good point.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    Well I'm just gonna have to order this monster Slave I. Thanks a lot guys, I just ordered the Kotobukiya 10 inch Darth Vader and Boba Fett (ESB versions) now the Salve I will wipe out my budget for a week or two. Perhaps I shouldn't have bought 7 of those new 6 inch Black Series figures.

BTW, Amazon has them back up for sale on their site, if they have any left in a week or two I may order another (one MIMB and one to open). Good thing we're not on RS, or I'd get flamed for daring to consider ordering 2.
    Well, at least you're getting good stuff. Koto ArtFX+ are 1:10th scale though, not a strict 10" (Vader would probably be 10", Fett 8"), those pieces both looked very tempting when I saw them.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    So, size wise, if I were to make a list...

AOTC Class II (2013) = Small
    Vintage/SOTE/POTF2 = Medium
    AOTC "Saga" OTC = Large
    TCW/AOTC Rise of Boba/Amazon = Super Sized

I was fairly sure my OTC version was bigger than my POTF2/SOTE versions. That's probably where I was confused.

Though I still maintain that the original $100 was too steep, $75 is easier to swallow. I say $75 because Amazon charged sales tax. Maybe I'll feel differently when this monster arrives, I just hope it doesn't dwarf my Millenium Falcon.
    Yeah, looks right, although I wouldn't actually say the Saga/OTC one is any larger than the Vintage/SOTE version. http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?i...lave1_comp.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Got mine today. Sadly. It was from AZ, but it shipped only in the white mailer box and, as a result, arrived with dinged corners and a has two dented piercings which went through the the white cardboard and through the interior box. I'm not sure how to proceed. It's not as bad as many of the photos I've seen, but I don't want to accept substandard quality for the price I paid. I also don't want to have to ship it back to them in this condition, where the post office will likely say that they won't accept a package in that state as shippable. I'm also concerned that Amazon might consider my complaints to be fraudulent since I am sure they've received tons of the false claims looking for refunds. Any suggestions?
    Sorry to hear that. How bad are we talking about with dings?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Well, at least you're getting good stuff. Koto ArtFX+ are 1:10th scale though, not a strict 10" (Vader would probably be 10", Fett 8"), those pieces both looked very tempting when I saw them.
    Ah, yeah I haven't seen these smaller Koto ArtFX+ figures in person. My addiction to these is pretty strong, but focused, I stick to the OT non-human figures. I've seen Han, Leia, etc. in person and was not impressed, but the Bounty Hunters, Sandtroopers, Vader, Yoda, Scout Trooper, etc. all look fantastic. I have a little catching up to do on these.
    May the force be with you.

Got mine today and it came without any kind of protective box, so its kinda beat up. There are people with far worse, but its bad enough I'm thinking of returning it. It has a corner thats mashed in pretty badly and just a bunch of scuffing and marks from the trip here.

Already got my replacement from Amazon. Came in the original white box and a second cardboard box with newspaper protection. Now I just need to send the other one back before they charge me 70 bucks for it; especially considering I only paid 39.99 for the original.

Thanks sith_killer_99 for your help with the customer service number.

Mardona, I would definitely contact them. Send them a picture as well. After contacting them, I received three emails apologizing for the shipping problems. Snowtrooper, I would recommend calling them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    Thanks sith_killer_99 for your help with the customer service number.
    I'm glad to hear it worked out well for you.

Amazon seems to have bent over backwards to make this right, I am really impressed.

I opened mine up yesterday since I had heard that a few of these were being returned because of missing parts. I'm pleased to say mine isn't. It's been a while since I got to mess around with this mold (I think I put the Jango Slave I into storage about two years ago) and I've just remembered how much I like this thing. Glad to say, this is probably the last Slave I that I'll ever buy.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Well, my Slave I arrived today. I have not unpacked it yet, but it arrived in a brown cardboard box, not the white mailer or some shipping sticker slapped on the front, so that's a good sign. I also noticed that there was brown packing paper inside the box.

Looking at the tracking, mine appears to have shipped from Louisville KY.

I also couldn't help noticing that the Amazon website already has a listing for a "used" one from Amazon Warehousedeals listed as "Used - Like New" but with a list price of $60.28.

Contacted Amazon this morning and they are sending me out a replacement packed in a box this time. Should hopefully arrive in two days. I thought they were very reasonable and helpful. Thanks SK99 for the phone number.

Got my new Slave1 today. This time they packed it right. It was in the white mailer box which they put into another regular cardboard box. The packaging looks nice and mint. Now I have to open it up to see if all the parts are there. If its missing some, I still have the old one and I might raid it for parts, provided its not missing the same ones.

Boba's ship did not come with the clear top to the prisoner cage that Jango's ship does!

I want to see my action figures that Boba captures!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.