Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I noticed that the "sequel" book, The Empire Striketh Back, comes out this coming Tuesday.
    Sirrah, the book I seek, shall be this'n/To find it indeed shall be my mission/How Yoda speaketh such a joy will't be/Or the Vader reveal from Cloud City.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Is it this week or next week? I'm going by the article I read in the Insider.

And the Jedi edition comes out this summer. I'll be picking up both.

Online it shows the 18th o' March. I'd be aware.

The Internet is never wrong, so I'd guess the 24th is the release date.

On an unrelated topic (for this thread, at least) no libraries here have Honor Among Thieves at all; might have to a) buy my own hardcover copy, b) read it pages at a time at a B&N store, or c) just wait months until the paperback comes out. Don't really like any of those options.

I saw Honor at WM for under $18 at WM last week.

Glad some of the big chains like WM and Meijer are carrying SW hardbacks at reasonable prices. That's where I've been picking them up.

On a really unrelated note. went to the Lexington (KY) Comic and Toy Show over the weekend. The 501st was there and did their usual droid hunt. I've participated in the past and it's fun and for a good cause: local children's hospital. (My brother is a pediatric oncologist at Riley Children's in Indy). But this year I won a prize! Got a paperback copy of Darth Plagueis, the hardback Kenobi and the Essential Reader's Companion. Have Plagueis and Kenobi but the Essentials is new. It looks great.

Got WS's: TESB today, and have quickly read the first two acts. May be better than the first book. Why? (spoilers in white font below)

The Wampa, R2, and AT-ATs (yes, snow walkers) talk. The asides, as always, are insightfully great.

I look forward to finishing it.

And in a non-spoiler, the back flap shows that The Jedi Doth Return will also be out.

I will be on the lookout for it the next time I go out.

Finished it; and it t'was better than Verily, A New Hope was! Again, I'll list why in white font below, although many of these are listed in the author's Afterword:

More singing, from Ugnaughts and Leia/Chewbacca!
    Words from the space slug!
    NO words from Lobot!
    Lando's and Vader's inner thoughts!
    How Yoda and Fett speak (I would never have noticed if the author hadn't said so at the end pages) !

Cannot wait for the third, and I wonder if the Prequels will also grace the pulpy pages of published printing (I would be $urprised if they weren't ) .

Picked up my copy at Target over the weekend. Might crack it open later tonight.