Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Finished Empire. Loved it. Loved the talking AT-ATs, the space slug (although I kept thinking of the Robot Chicken sketch of the slug ordering Chinese after the Falcon escaped) and the ugnaught song.

More insight into Han and Leia's feelings for each other, and Lando became a real character. The author fleshed Lando out well.

Can't wait for Jedi Doth Return!

The Jedi Doth Return comes out Tuesday. I'll pick it up somewhere.

I'll wait until others have read it to comment more specifically, but I will say that it is by far the third-best book in the series. And somehow the same artist's quality of the drawings seems worse.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

About a third of the way through it now.

I'd hoped to pick it up early Monday night, but alas Target didn't have it out on the shelves.

Finished it over the weekend. Very enjoyable. I enjoy reading the author's notes at the end where he talks about which Shakespeare books he draws ideas/inspiration from: Han and Leia/Romeo and Juliet.

You're right, Bel-Cam: the artwork wasn't the greatest.

Part of me wondered if the author is going to tackle the prequels. He could have some real fun with Anakin, ala Hamlet and MacBeth.

Quote Originally Posted by OC47151 View Post
    Finished it over the weekend. Very enjoyable. I enjoy reading the author's notes at the end where he talks about which Shakespeare books he draws ideas/inspiration from: Han and Leia/Romeo and Juliet.

You're right, Bel-Cam: the artwork wasn't the greatest.

Part of me wondered if the author is going to tackle the prequels. He could have some real fun with Anakin, ala Hamlet and MacBeth.
    Without the ending commentary, I think the books would not have been as strong. I was disappointed in how much of the alien languages he kept as spoken in the films (although, his changes to Ewokese were great) and not Shakespeare-ized. Best part was the two Death Star guards debating the possibility of a Rebel victory.

Prequels as Titus Andronicus, perhaps? But I think he should wait on any PT books; all three out within a year was nice to read but I'd prefer a little wait time (like the 3-year movies delay; maybe one a year?) in between.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(