Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I Miss this place

Maybe I am getting old and nostalgic, but I wistfully recall the days of this forum when regulars like SWAFMAN, Good Shot Jensen, Britcit, jeddah, and others would wax poetic about the tiny micro figurines that we oogled over. This was my first true internet forum and as an exclusive Micro Machines/Action Fleet collector from my first days of collecting in late 1994 to the summer of 1999, this forum was my only home for Star Wars. We helped each other out with our collections, gave head-ups on where to find items, and just plain admired our finds.

I know current forumites JediTricks, LTBasker, Warstar, and Serigusu still hang around (I apologize if I missed you). Sad to see the near demise of this board (I know that is reflective of the current state of SW toys and collecting). But I still search E-bay with hopes of completing the last vestiges of my collection and perhaps those still in the game can help each other out.

P.S.

Vulcantouch and R2dee2 the place was never the same without you guys.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

wow...blast from the past...

it truly is unfortunate that there is so little to talk about with regard to SWAF, micros et. al....i do miss the old group and the chats/exchanges...

regarding your needs, my wife is "gently" encouraging me to rid our garage of some of my stuff...what are you still looking for? maybe we could work something out...

Ross W. Jarvis
    Great Traders - cloneemperor, Val Da Car, Kidhuman
    Sorely Missed - R2Dee2 & Vulcantouch

Hey there, LBC! I very much know how you feel even though my time among y'all was relatively short compared to most everyone else. They were good times and this little section was nearly like its own separate community, I remember people talking about us as though we were some sort of competing message board altogether.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Agreed...although I don't frequent the MM section....there used to be SO much traffic.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Me too, and the funny thing is, we must be bluetoothing because this morning I was thinking about VT and you guys and thinking I wonder what they're up to. I just had a hecric day and now - at 3am - am I able to come in and see this post!

It was my induction to internet forums too, well, the Galoobb was and then when we became disenfranchised we moved here. A rag-tag group of... Oh wait, wrong franchise

I stopped collecting years ago but in my flat above my wardrobe are piles of unopened mini heads, terminator and predator-alien mms for Baal (plus his stupid AF Rancors ) on the off chance that he changes his mind one day and asks for them.

The dust must be inches deep...

jeddah
    All his has happened before...
    eVerlasTing

Lightbulb

I miss this forum and its members too. And I totally miss Action Fleet and Micromachines. I went higher end now and focused on OT Imperials only, but this happened only when AF was completely canceled. Damn you Hasbro for that! I still have my own Action Fleet section in my collection
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

The Galoob fans really made something special together, I miss those days, I miss many of those pals, I miss this forum being our hub. But we carry those in our hearts, so they are still there inside at least.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I wish I could say I missed the old days, but as I joined right when Action Fleet was dying I guess I really did miss the old days. It'd be nice if hasbro magically restarted the line, but that's a pipe dream. I guess I'll keep piecing together the rest of the collection little by little, and hopefully one day I'll be able to say I have a complete collection.
    www.miniempire.ca - The best thing since sliced bread.

Smile I miss this place too...

I still peruse now and then. From 2008-present I collected rather blindly, but I am nigh positive I still got everything (one to keep, one to open). I still have 1 unopened case of the last Titanium Wave with the Outrider and Nebulan B Frigate as well. I bought it from EE at the end with the intent to open it but maybe I'll leave it sealed for future generations- especially since I have no display room where I live at the moment.

I still collect small things...been looking at some oddball Hot Wheels lately (if they look cool)...got all the Tron Legacy die-casts and want the British Recogniser set with all the small vehicles and electronic sounds but I ain't paying $100+ bucks for it...

I do miss VT (may he rest in peace) and R2 (same), and of course the buzz and speculation about current and possible upcoming products.

I doubt we've seen the last of the Titaniums or their molds, but right now? It's the Dark Times (1986-1995) all over again.

Keep on keeping on though!

Another old fart saying hi.

I too stopped collecting - I still drop by and lurk a bit tho.

Greetings all

BC3