Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Jedis Ridning in Gunships

I taped the trailer and watched it several times, but this detail wasn't clear enough for me to see until I downloaded it.

There is a shot of the Republic Gunships banking towards the ground which comes right after Sio Bibbles dialogue. In that shot, the Gunship closest to the camera is clearly carrying Ki Adi Mundi. He's standing there with Mace and several other Jedi, although Ki Adi is the easiest to recognize.

I wonder though. Are any of the Jedi piloting those Gunships? Or are they somply riding them into battle?

At any rate, we know how the Jedi get down to the surface now.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

Good eye...pthfnder89
    I didn't notice the jedis before.

The gunships sorta remind me of military helicopters carring troops into battle. They kinda have a military/war-like look to them.
    Collecting Star Wars figures ain't like dustin' crops boy !!

Re: Jedis Ridning in Gunships

Originally posted by pthfnder89
    I taped the trailer and watched it several times, but this detail wasn't clear enough for me to see until I downloaded it.
    There is a shot of the Republic Gunships banking towards the ground which comes right after Sio Bibbles dialogue. In that shot, the Gunship closest to the camera is clearly carrying Ki Adi Mundi. He's standing there with Mace and several other Jedi, although Ki Adi is the easiest to recognize.
    I wonder though. Are any of the Jedi piloting those Gunships? Or are they somply riding them into battle?
    At any rate, we know how the Jedi get down to the surface now.
    Good catch there, pthfnder89. From what I understand so far, the majority of the Jedi head for Geonosis to delay the sepratists as well as try to rescue Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Padme. Yoda remains behind on Corsurant, or goes directly to Kamino to acquire the Clone Army by order of the senate. Either the Jedi's use the same ships to land on Geonosis, as the Clone Troopers do later. Or, Ki-Adi Mundi and several other Jedi's remain behind to help Yoda. I think I spot Yoda in the back of the Gunship as well, so it's possible that Ki-Adi arrives leading the Clone Troops alongside Yoda. I didn't spot Mace myself, but it's possible. I think Mace goes with the first waves to Geonosis though, so that could be Yaddle or Even Piell that I am mistaking for Yoda.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Re: Re: Jedis Ridning in Gunships

Originally posted by JarJarBinks

I think I spot Yoda in the back of the Gunship as well, so it's possible that Ki-Adi arrives leading the Clone Troops alongside Yoda. I didn't spot Mace myself, but it's possible. I think Mace goes with the first waves to Geonosis though, so that could be Yaddle or Even Piell that I am mistaking for Yoda.

Jar Jar Binks
    I thought I saw Yoda in there too JJB, but I wasn't sure because he's so small . After reading the JediNet commentary, they think it's him also, but I guess we won't know until the movie comes out.
    Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    I didn't spot Mace myself, but it's possible.
    I'm almost certain that he's the dark skinned jedi standing next to Ki Adi, but it is hard to tell.

Maybe he's Mace's EVIL TWIN who showed up at the ending ceremonies in TPM!!!!

I think this shot takes place after the few remaining Jedi are rescued from the arena. Fisto is in the arena fight, and all Jedi enter through corridors. As far as I know we don't see Republic gunships on Geonosis until things start looking really bad for the Jedi.
    Last edited by Jedi Clint; 03-12-2002 at 01:55 PM.
    ubi mel ibi apes

Re: Re: Re: Jedis Ridning in Gunships

I'm almost certain that he's the dark skinned jedi standing next to Ki Adi, but it is hard to tell. Maybe he's Mace's EVIL TWIN who showed up at the ending ceremonies in TPM!!!!
    Oh, thats not his evil twin. That's his clone... Maace Windu. But if that is as Jedi Clint says, the remaining jedi's being rescued from the arena, that is possible. Since we know that Yoda, Mace, and Ki-Adi Mundi survive. Here is a still from the trailer of that scene.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	30.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	985  
    Last edited by Beast; 03-12-2002 at 02:16 PM.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Jedis Ridning in Gunships

Ya know, this is giving me a Braveheart/Starship Trooper/Real Army feel, I agree with xboywonder, they are alot like military transport choppers, and it appears the gunships do have side doors, if you look at the piece on the side of the gunships with the slits in them, it appears they could fit into the holes to "seal it up" and then be slid back so the to little gunner stations can fold out and troops can get ready to be deployed during planetary flight, this is gonna rock.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jedis Ridning in Gunships

Originally posted by LTBasker
    it appears the gunships do have side doors, if you look at the piece on the side of the gunships with the slits in them, it appears they could fit into the holes to "seal it up" and then be slid back so the to little gunner stations can fold out and troops can get ready to be deployed during planetary flight, this is gonna rock.
    Great pic JJB! After seeing that still though, I can tell that Yoda isn't the green guy onboard, because this green guy has dark pants and long legs. It's Kit Fisto. Does he survive the Arena Battle? because if he doesn't then this must be a scene of them landing, not leaving Geonasis.

You're right LTBasker, those panels do slide right into position. You can see them sliding when the clip is running.

I still don't think it looks like it could drop in from space though. The panels have those little vertical windows that don't seem to have any glass in them. I guess they must drop from the Star Destroyer type ships inside the atmosphere.
    Last edited by pthfnder89; 03-12-2002 at 02:52 PM.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jedis Ridning in Gunships

I still don't think it looks like it could drop in from space though. The panels have those little vertical windows that don't seem to have any glass in them. They must drop from the Star Destroyer type ships inside the atmosphere.
    Yeah, I think they are just transport gunships. After all we saw the Republic Assault Ships, the ones that look like the pre-cursor to Star Destroyer's entering the atmosphere. So they probably do deploy them after they enter the atmosphere.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Well, the Clone Troopers do have special suits, and the Jedi could've been picked up, OR, they could have shields in the slits so they can see out, or they could even have windows. 'Course that other little doorway doesn't appear to have a door, I guess they could just seal it up when they're being stored or not near a battle zone.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"