One of four of Hasbro's 'Sneak Peak' action figures for Episode II Attack of the Clones. The Clonetrooper is Hasbro's first army builder figure and adds promise to the rest of the line.
- Likeness : Since I havn't seen the movie, and from what I've seen of the images from the Star Wars trailors, Clonetrooper's is likeness is dead on to the character. 5/5.
- Sculpt : The figure comes in a ready for action pose. He's sculpted to hold his gun, much like POTF Sandtrooper. Although this is a basic character, his armor and body are very well detailed and to me, is very similar to COMMtech Stormtrooper. 5/5.
- Articulation : Clonetrooper only has 5 points of articulation at his neck, shoulders, and thighs. Knee or waist articulation would have been nice. 4/5.
- Accessories : The rifle he comes with is very well detailed. The barrel of the gun is painted brown with the rest of it having a metalic black finish. I was supprised to see Hasbro put so much detail into a weapon. They do that every now and then. The figure also comes with a blast piece that fit onto the end of the gun. I suppose it can look really neat for you scene builders. And for those who don't like them much, you don't have to use it. 5/5.
- Playability : If it wern't for Clonetrooper's action pose, he almost might be a perfect figure. He's great to play with and is perfect for army building. With a little work he can be posed in some cool 'dead' poses and can hold his gun a few different ways with some imigination. 5/5.
OVERALL : Hasbro did a good job with this figure. I forgot to mention he has a 'dirty' spackled look on his legs that works pretty well. It's not sloppy. He also has a few other dirt spots on him as well. I was really pleased with how this figure turned out, dispite my first reactions. I can't wait to see how the other Clonetrooper figures look. Good job Hasbro. Overall 4/5.