Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Save those clear rubber bands!

Zam Wessel is more than basic to get her to finally hold that darn rifle once you use the clear rubber band to hold it to her wrist.

One pose wonder almost, she should at least be able to hold the weapon for the pose she comes molded in....

Re: Save those clear rubber bands!

Originally posted by Tycho
    Zam Wessel is more than basic to get her to finally hold that darn rifle once you use the clear rubber band to hold it to her wrist. One pose wonder almost, she should at least be able to hold the weapon for the pose she comes molded in....
    That kinda sucks, but I still like the figure. I wish my stupid case would show up soon. Did you try warming her hand up with a hairdryer and sqeezing it closed more? I heard that will help Jango and her hold their guns better. I noticed a similar problem on the Han and Leia from the 25th Anniversary sets, as well as Eeth Koth. Their hands are a little to open to hold the weapons well.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I've been recently been leaving the plastic bands on, I don't feel like worrying about the tiny blasters from the POTJ Rebel Troopers if they ever fall on the floor from a Cat Attack.

Guess I won't remove the ones on the preview figures.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Originally posted by LTBasker
    I've been recently been leaving the plastic bands on, I don't feel like worrying about the tiny blasters from the POTJ Rebel Troopers if they ever fall on the floor from a Cat Attack.

Guess I won't remove the ones on the preview figures.
    I'm with you there LTBasker. I just got the Rebel Trooper this weekend and it seems impossible to get him to hold his itty bitty blaster without it falling out. I've been leaving a lot of mine on my recent figures, like the Sandtroopers.

The recent surge of tiny weapons bothers me in that regard. Not only are they floppy, but they just aren't shaped correctly for the figures hands'. Ellors Madok suffers from this too; it just falls out.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

JarJar, I don't own a hair dryer and couldn't afford one while I'm following Palpatine's Military Creation Edict

(don't ask!)

Lt. Basker, true enough about leaving the rubber bands on, but Zam comes holding her blaster gun versus her long rifle that she's really well posed to take sniper shots with. If you want to recreate her pose from the Lucas-Select Image we saw way back when, you have to holster her pistol and use the rubberband on the long rifle. Let's just say I probably wasted 10 minutes today that I would've rather spent some other way.

Better for the course, I took R3-T7's electromagnetic allergies and added them to a Datalink R2D2 from my Endor bunker scene, with all his tools and sensor packages out and the blue discharge surrounding him, my Endor Han and Leia must acknowledge that now it will really be a problem getting in those 4 doors!

Meanwhile, R3 is doing fine and joined R2-B1 along with my Rebel Alliance Pilots who are learning from Admiral Pegwarmer and his crew, exactly how to destroy the second Death Star. (The pilots must converge and strike at the large toothpick holding the MicroMachines Death Star II in orbit above the Complete Galaxy Endor planet).

But back to the topic, Jango Fett is also liking his rubberbands. He and one of my Episode One Mace Windu figures are having a disagreement over whether being a one-pose wonder or a real action figure is much more cool. Fett said he was very thankful for the rubberbands that let him keep his weapons. This is likely directly because Mace decided to beat some sense into him and borrowed Ki-Adi Mundi's purple lightsaber and is currently using his arm and leg articulation to pivot and slash at Fett, kick him, cork-screw punch him, and do all kinds of horrible things like bend his little rubber antenna!

Pont up: Episode One Mace Windu! He makes my first real Episode 2 action scene. Funny that he's a 1999 release figure...

Originally posted by Tycho
    JarJar, I don't own a hair dryer and couldn't afford one while I'm following Palpatine's Military Creation Edict (don't ask!)
    Note to self, buy Tycho a hair dryer for christmas.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Unfortunately, I've already removed the rubber bands and thrown them away. I'll have to come up with something else.

Has anyone tried switching the Rebel Troopers "choking hazard" w/ the Fleet Trooper's mamoth gun. Talk about out of proportion!
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

I don't usually take the rubber band(s) off either. If I ever think I might want that figure holding its accessory, I'll just leave it alone.
    I did take it off Zam's hand though. I wanted her to hold the rifle, but, as has been stated, she can't hold it. She can hold her little blaster okay without the band - she's got this little tab on her hand that allows it to stay there - but the rifle will just fall out.
    So, I placed the rifle in her hand, and wrapped the band back around it. I had to stretch it over the rifle, and it stays tight, positioned under the scope.
    I'm never going to fiddle with it, because it was a pain to get that thing back on her.
    Now, the only other problem with her is that she can't look in the direction that's she firing because of the veil. Oh, well...

Unhappy Wait, don't do it!

Hey everybody, I just wanted to say that leaving the rubber bands on your figures hands causes permanent damage to the figure. I first noticed this when I bought and old cinema scene from a local dealer. Sure enough each of the figures hands were warped with rubberband lines. I have seen this evil phenominon several times since, even on new figures. I just thought you guys should know. I am constantly fighting with my figures inability to properly hold their weapons. Plus my girlfriend's cat just seems to hate Star Wars figures. (sigh)

I've left the bands on my Rebel Fleet Troopers. I have taken a few off and they don't seem to have any problems holding their guns. Yet. I took Clonetrooper's band off and he actually hold his gun very well.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett