Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Odd places lost

Bossk's gun

When I was 8 or 9 years old, my mother took me to the Mall and I bought Bossk with my own money (back in 1981-2, that had to be, what, $4?). Anyway, I was so excited I finally got him I opened him in the car, despite my mother's yelling "don't open that thing in the car, you'll lose the pieces." So, anyway, we finally got home, and sure enough, I lost his gun.

Moral of the story #1: Listen to your mother

Moral #2: Don't open your action figures in the backseat of a 1980 Monte Carlo at night when you're 8 years old.

Re: Bossk's gun

Originally posted by Rogue II
    When I was 8 or 9 years old, my mother took me to the Mall and I bought Bossk with my own money (back in 1981-2, that had to be, what, $4?). Anyway, I was so excited I finally got him I opened him in the car, despite my mother's yelling "don't open that thing in the car, you'll lose the pieces." So, anyway, we finally got home, and sure enough, I lost his gun.

Moral of the story #1: Listen to your mother

Moral #2: Don't open your action figures in the backseat of a 1980 Monte Carlo at night when you're 8 years old.

$4.00 ?!?!? More like $1.50.

And always listen to your mother.

pricing...?

I think they had graduated to $2.97 by that point!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Well I did lose alot of guns in the carpet but my mom had found some while cleaning my old room and just now have given them back to me in a little envelope. My brother , at my friends house, (who had everything of SW you could imagine) would flush figs down the toilet because he was mad because we wouldn't let him play with us.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Arrow

To show you just how far we've come from the past, my friend and I used to play with our figures in his sand box all the time, digging tunnels, mounds, and trenches. Well, my Luke X-Wing got buried somewhere, and, if you can believe it, my friend's mom felt she owed me another one since it got lost on her property! Would that EVER even be a passing thought today? No way. Well, to complete the tale, I eventually found the figure in the sand, so I bought my friend a new figure to make up for the one bought for me. Wow! And I still have both the sand-lost and "new" Lukes today. Hard to believe sometimes...
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Sadly, I lost ALL of my remaining original vintage figures a few years ago when someone broke into my storage unit and practically wiped me out. Aside from my beloved childhood playthings and LOTS of cherished memories, I lost a nearly seven thousand dollar chunk of my action figure collection.