Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Odd places lost

Hybrid View

Unhappy Odd places lost

One unfortunate aspect of playing with toys is that invariably some will get lost, or accessories missing. Some people have had to go into therapy to cope with such tragedies.

What strange locations have you lost your vintage figs? How many times did you buy replacement figures when they did get lost? Hopefully these tales are from at least 10 years ago or more!
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Haven't lost figures. I have however,lost body parts. As for weapons, I lost Chewie's gun down a heating duct.

If I knew where I lost them, I could find them again...right?

I lost Bossk in a pile of leaves, never did find him . . .

I "lost" a Bespin Guard in my sandbox, and found him several years later. That was exciting !

Thumbs down

I was in first grade and I remember I took my Jawa (cloth not vinyl ) to school and lost him. I asked my teacher if I could look around for him and she let me go outside in the playground to look for my "little brown man" as how I descibed him to her. LOL

Right after Empire Strikes Back came out one of my Hoth Rebel Soldiers went missing. (I'd gotten two for my birthday.) Anyway. He just up and vanished. I was in Fourth Grade at the time. It was a huge mystery that haunted me for years. Even though I became pretty convinced that my friend Scott had stolen him because he claimed to have purchased one at LaBelle's not long after my beloved figure disappeared . . .

Cut to: 1992. A good 12 years later. We are finally getting rid of the old livingroom couch. Which had been relegated to the basement for several years. Anyways, it's this wierdly designed couch and the last thing we do is dig way back into this deep crack in back of it -- I'm not discribing it well at all -- but guess what I pull out? You guessed it. One Hoth Rebel Soldier. Looking no worse for the wear at all. I was stunned. Absolutely stunned.

Mystery solved. I even contacted Scotty who had moved across town and out of my life long ago. He even remembered the missing fig as well and was glad to be vindicated at long last. (We'd had several wicked and rather brutal fights over this thing. Man, I was so convinced . . .)

Anyway, he was reunited with his counterpart at long last in my Darth Vader Collectors case. Where he sits to this very day.

Anyway.

Even though I became pretty convinced that my friend Scott had stolen him because he claimed to have purchased one at LaBelle's not long after my beloved figure disappeared . . .

A good 12 years later.

Which had been relegated to the basement for several years.

One Hoth Rebel Soldier.

Looking no worse for the wear at all.

Absolutely stunned.

Where he sits to this very day.
    Mark2d2, you are the master of sentences fragments! I am but the learner. Just kidding...

I lost a figure like S3PO at school. It was Walrusman. I looked and looked until the lunch bell rang, but not luck. I checked trash cans, in the sand, under bushes, etc. I told my parents I lost it at home, because telling the truth would not have gotten me a new one. So kids, lying DOES pay. But then, I've been racked with guilt ever since, so maybe crime DOESN'T pay after all...
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Bel-cam -- you are so right.

It's because I've been so dang busy trying to write screenplays lately. And that is the style that reigns supreme in all the hot scripts right now. Everything in the narrative is supposed to be short. Concise. And to the point. It places emphasis on the key words.

Honest to God, I am not illiterate. I even have an English degree, I swear.

I lost both Lando's and my first Vader's heads on a hill that backs up to my parent's house. About half the accessories down the heating ducts of the house, and the half to the vacuum.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Didn't really "Lose" him, but vintage Boba Fett was in a sniper position in a standing lamp and I forgot about him. I forgot about him until my sister turned on the lamp and a nasty smell started wafting through the room a few minutes later. Fett's legs and melted together into a sitting position. So I "lost" him in the garbage and never got another one.

When we moved I lost my vintage X-Wing and a bunch of my headless and armless figures.

I "lost" my patience with Yoda's little annoying hump on his back and took a ballpeen hammer to him. I still have the head...

I lost most of the cardboard pieces to my Land of the Jawas playset.

I lost the stick and Jedi ball on my Millenium Falcon playset. But who hasn't?

The middle engine on my Landspeeder broke off and I lost it, so Luke's landspeeder only has two engines and a "fin".

I lost most (by most, I mean all) of my vintage vinyl capes. Vader's, Leia's, Lando's, Ben's...even the Snowtroopers little skirt.