Thread: Canadian $

Canadian $

Does anybody know the conversion rate of Canadian dollars to American dollars. There's a store that had something I wanted to buy and I was about to write a check when I noticed the address was Canada. So if an item is 85$ Canadadian, how much is that in American?

JIm

Lightbulb

Point your browser to the following address for currency conversions:

http://www.xe.com/ucc

Originally posted by smurfvader
    Thanks, it's cheeper than I thouhgt.

JIm
    Cheaper too, I'll bet!

Watch for GST, a tax where the $$$ goes directly to their national healthcare program. I am not 100% sure, but I believe it is around 8%. Add to that a provincial tax and maybe a local tax and your paying up to 15% taxes. Plus the shipping rate is bound to be more. But you may be exempt from some of those costs because you are a nonCanuck.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Thanks for the warning. I know thw ad said postage was included with the price, but it didn't say anything about tax. I'm going to e-mail them to ask them about that. The place is called we sell toys, I don't know if anyone has dealt with them before.

JIm