Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Article: Hasbro The Vintage Collection Attack of the Clones Republic Gunship Boxed

"SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

The box looks awesome! But I find it funny that the photo shows figures that are far more articulated and detailed than what's packaged inside (assuming the Toy Fair slide with the Saga Legends-style figures was accurate) . . .

It says on the box art that it includes Yoda, a clone pilot, and a clone trooper - guess which figures are basically hidden from view?

Looks like it comes with the gun turrets, too. That should've been a must-have with the first one 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by OC47151 View Post
    Looks like it comes with the gun turrets, too. That should've been a must-have with the first one 10 years ago.
    It does come with those turrets, they didn't exist back then of course, but yeah they should have. The irony is that the Saga Legends-style figures they come with don't fit in those turrets.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yoda's News posted a photo that shows the loose gunship along with the 2002 Hangar Duel Yoda and standard super articulated clone. Yoda's sleeves are brown instead of tan, and the clone pilot is nowhere in sight, but maybe this means that it will actually come with the figures as pictured on the box - not that I'm at a loss for Yoda or clone trooper figures, but it would be nice if the figures were indeed better than the Saga Legends-style ones initially pictured.

This is a VERY cool set, and a few years ago, I would definitely have been all over it for the vehicle alone. But I'm set for gunships and pods and clones.

After all of my years of collecting, I think that I now have about 9 gunships and enough turret pods to match + extras for future, unique paint job gunships.

I wonder if this will be an exclusive. Though I'm not actively looking for more gunships, I think I'll add this one to my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    This is a VERY cool set, and a few years ago, I would definitely have been all over it for the vehicle alone. But I'm set for gunships and pods and clones.

After all of my years of collecting, I think that I now have about 9 gunships and enough turret pods to match + extras for future, unique paint job gunships.
    Technically this is a unique paint job. It's not as obvious a difference as new nose art - though it does appear to at least include nose art of a battle droid in the crosshairs (and I can't tell if it's a sticker or part of the deco), but it's not identical to previous versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    I wonder if this will be an exclusive. Though I'm not actively looking for more gunships, I think I'll add this one to my collection.
    It's going to be a TRU exclusive.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by OC47151 View Post
    I think I may be the only one who actually doesn't like the gun turrets. I think they're just too big and hokey looking for the size of the gunship. Now if they'd produce a mold of the correct size that could switch between being a LAAT/i and LAAT/c ...

Anyway, I really like the paint job on this one but I just don't have the room for it. If it had the full doors like the crumb bomber version I might have had to make the room for it.