Thread: HolonetNews

HolonetNews

If you didn't see it already and in case anybody here is like me and doesn't go to the No Spoilers section very often, there's an URL at the end of the trailer.

It's pretty cool, check it out at : www.holonetnews.com
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

We shall use your thread for all current spoilers and AOTC information on the Holonet page.

Today's notable excerpts:

http://www.holonetnews.com/48/news/13321_1.html

Supreme Chancellor Palpatine once again took to the HoloNet, not to announce an impending vote or Senate session, but instead to offer an open invitation to Count Dooku, popular leader of the Separatist movement, to parley.

"I appeal to your sensibilities developed as a revered Jedi. I was witness not only to your practiced brand of diplomacy during the Sevarcos Dispute of three decades ago, but also of your former apprentice's noble efforts to protect the sovereign of my world. From these examples, I know you are a proponent of peace.

Count Dooku's whereabouts are unknown, necessitating the Chancellor's HoloNet-wide address. The former Jedi Master and Count of Serenno disappeared ten years ago, only to re-emerge two years ago at various Mid and Inner Rim worlds with a fiery rhetoric that has fueled the Separatist movement.

At the end of his address, Chancellor Palpatine named Bothawui, a neutral world, as a potential site for conference. Though he did not name a date for security reasons, the Chancellor did announce that all avenues of communication to his office were open to the Count.
    Bothawui...Bothans? Hmmmm...

http://www.holonetnews.com/48/news/13321_3.html

Bringing an end to over five decades in politics, revered Senator Horox Ryyder retired in a quiet and informal gathering of friends and colleagues in his family compound on Gravlex Med yesterday.

"I trust the younger generation to bring about peace where we have failed," said Ryyder. "My fuel has been spent keeping what order I could. Fresh talent can now continue where I have left off."

To that end, Ryyder appointed former Gravlex Med President Zo Howler and his Secondary, Fo Kuna, as his successors. The two will begin Senatorial duty on 3:30, continuing Ryyder's campaign against the Military Creation Act.
    I don't know why Horox was replaced. All Gravlex look the same, unless Lucas is pushing for a conflict between the "young" and "old" Senatorial schools of thought, both in terms of partisanship, as well as physical age...

It's a shame that sirstevesguide.com decided to label this as a 'parody site', because I believe it's actually part of Episode II marketing...
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

yes, Paul Ens the guy involved with running the official site has said that it was set up to help publicise the movie in the same way that the Blair Witch hullabaloo was helped by that themed website.

It's okay for EU lovers I guess. Some of the site seems more like a weird comic than anything else. Padme working for the refuge movement or whatever working to help refugees from some unheard of planet. Sounds a bit too Princess Diana for me. I realise it's setting the scene for Leias involvement in the rebellion but there's too much extrapolation going down IMO. Why do we need to have everything explained away? I'm fine with big bad Empire, Leia joins a rebel faction to fight the Empires tyranny. End of story for me. I can fill in the blanks for myself.

It is fun, though. Some is tedious, but I like the stories that confirm spoiler reports, and the ads throughout are cool, too:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dex_ad.gif 
Views:	32 
Size:	11.0 KB 
ID:	1082  
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

yes there is that. maybe I sounded like I was moaning. not really. I just don't always phrase things properly. I guess to show what's going on in AOTC they have to delve into the EU. There can't be that much to go on with the scant details available from george and Jonathans script. Plus i guess they've been in contact with the authors of the visual dictionary and others to kind of corroborate the evidence. I suppose if everyone's going to pull together to unify the galaxy's history that's cool. better that than some bitty fragmented stuff that causes dissent among fans

Sevarcos Dispute?

Serreno?

Verrry interesting....

I also really enjoy the underlying EU cohesiveness of the entire website. I hope that somebody collects these into a book someday. Talk about a flood of EU information for the next encyclopedia.

Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
    . I just don't always phrase things properly. I guess to show what's going on in AOTC they have to delve into the EU. There can't be that much to go on with the scant details available from george and Jonathans script. I suppose if everyone's going to pull together to unify the galaxy's history that's cool. better that than some bitty fragmented stuff that causes dissent among fans
    I feel the same way a lot of the time. That's one reason why I don't really read the comics or Ep1 novels; it seems like every single character has to have some personal beef against the Empire, and a lot of the time it seems very contrived to me. Obviously they have to come up with a plot for the novels and comics, but I don't like how fleshed out the characters are most of the time.

It sounds wierd to say that the EU stuff has too much backstory, since I really love involved plots. But the connections they make to characters just for the sake of having them in the story usually gets out of hand.

That said, I think the HolonetNews site has been really entertaining so far, much more so than any of the comics for me. I hope they keep it up.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

Originally posted by pthfnder89
    It sounds wierd to say that the EU stuff has too much backstory, since I really love involved plots.
    True very true. Plus I love that GL has ruined some of the older EU stories but oh well...
    The Force is strong with this one.

Of course, that's my opinion I could be wrong.

Holonet News...

Love it! I think it is fun... and a bit tongue-in-cheek. I liked the report on the Delta-7 christening. That was fun. Glad to see that their sense of humour hasn't gone COMPLETELY to the Toilet-Side of the Farce.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Imagine Holonet News on May 16th.

Just think of what the News coverage will be.