Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    The eyes may be wrong, but it looks to me like the scar is there: http://www.rebelscum.com/Hasbro-Star...-08/IMAGE7.asp
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

Quote Originally Posted by sebillba View Post
    The eyes may be wrong, but it looks to me like the scar is there: http://www.rebelscum.com/Hasbro-Star...-08/IMAGE7.asp
    Hmm, looks like you're right. Here's Galactic Hunter's review for reference. It's a little too subtle, but it does look like it's there.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

The Galactic Hunters Review pictures are cartoonish. I hope they just used the wrong lens...
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

So Amazon delivered my 6" Han Solo, and the QC fail is minimal, just some white paint transfer on the figure's behind and a mispainted bloodstripe on the right side.

The figure overall is very good. The likeness has issues straight-on, but from above and from either side it's good. The issues are the blue eyes and the mouth isn't quite the right width. The shiny plastic used isn't as nice as Luke's painted plastic, but it does have a sweaty look that kinda works for what it is. The hair paint is very good though, layered but not as extreme as Luke's.

The sculpting on Han isn't quite as sharp overall as Luke which takes some nuance and quality away, but there are a few bright spots.

Paint is decent overall, a few little sloppy areas but nothing worse than wave 1. Not quite as nuanced as Luke, but more than Maul.

The anatomy is a little dubious, the forearms are a bit too long, the neck is a bit too long (although not as bad as it seems), and with the vest off the figure seems almost emaciated. But generally it holds up, if you don't mind the mid-torso articulation being pretty low down. The articulation is fairly good, the same as the wave 1 non-armored figures in the line, and I think I would have preferred double joints on the elbows over the singles which bend just past 90 degrees. The figure stands a little too tall for my tastes not just because of the neck but the shoulders seem high compared to the Sandtrooper, but it's minimal, maybe 5% to the eye.

There is one point of articulation they changed actually, it's the wrist hinge on the right wrist, where wave 1 had an up-down hinge this figure has a side-side hinge and it's a shame because that's the gun hand. Both sets of hands have this as well, and the joints are very small compared to the gloved hands of wave 1 figures despite being removable pegs - a very odd choice that hopefully doesn't cause drama down the road.

The stormtrooper belt is pretty good, only thing missing is the right hip box - no idea why they cut that. The holster works very well, and even though the belt is cast in brown and painted white, the holster is painted black on the inside, nice touch.

The gunbelt is good as well, nice sculpt and good paint, good details. The strap holding the pistol into the holster is very fine and I suspect it'll eventually rip at its peg, it's also permanently bent to look right closed which makes it difficult to get out of the way to get the pistol in.

The E-11 Stormtrooper blaster is the same as the Sandtrooper one I think, I haven't compared. No paint, just black plastic.

The DL-44 blaster pistol is nice, some details didn't come through like the air-cooling fins on the front and the left side indent, but many did like the muzzle holes. Paint is silver weathering, a brown grip (the whole grip, not like Luke's), and the silver on the front muzzle (but oddly not the back half of the muzzle). It's perfectly scaled to Luke's DL-44 as well despite being a different sculpt. It fits into the holster but takes a little effort to get exactly right.

The gloved hands are decent, the right hand a trigger pull pose and the left hand a wide-open C shape to cradle the right hand for blaster poses. The non-gloved hands are a little better, the right a trigger pose again and not quite able to reach the trigger on the E-11 nicely but looks good close; the left hand is a tight cupped shape designed specifically to cradle the E-11's barrel.

One pointless nit to pick, the peg holes in the feet are WAY bigger than wave 1's.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Adam Pawlus' review pointed out that Han's eyes aren't even the right color - and he doesn't have his chin scar. The figure looks pretty phenomenal other than that (though I've yet to see it in person), but how could they fumble such obvious details?
    I think the blame is probably on the Chinese factory, but it could be Lucas Licensing stopped giving a crap. In person, it's more a sense that something is wrong than a true visual attack of a problem because it barely shows in normal light.

Quote Originally Posted by sebillba View Post
    Yes, the scar is there, but because of the plastic used it can't be seen in normal light, you have to blast it with light to get it to show, and it's a blob in person.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Hmm, looks like you're right. Here's Galactic Hunter's review for reference. It's a little too subtle, but it does look like it's there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    The Galactic Hunters Review pictures are cartoonish. I hope they just used the wrong lens...
    It's not just the lens, although it is that, but also the subject is too close to the lens and the choice of lighting is all wrong so that it's getting fisheyed and distorted. The figure looks nothing like that in person, much more realistic, here's a quick snap from my cell with and without flash, at distance and then up close:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131115_114446.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	28066Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131115_114835.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	74.6 KB 
ID:	28067Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131115_114441.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	28068Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131115_114658.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	28065
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Someone give Han a hamburger!!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Thanks for the write-up, he looks pretty cool. HasbroToyShop currently has him, Leia, and Greedo in stock, but naturally Boba is sold out.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Yeah, Han could use a little time in the gym too. He's not particularly bulky in the film, but this figure takes it a tad far with that skinny frame.

Also, note the different in the eyes between Luke and Han there, that's something that takes this line back to toytown officially with wave 2, and it's a shame because the paint work on Luke is what gave me the most hope for the future of this line. Now, I dunno, maybe it'll get out of the doldrums, but I see Leia and Bespin Luke and it's awful, Han isn't as bad but still a backslide. Hopefully this is where the line holds though.

You're welcome, I figure it's a good enough figure to warrant conversation, and I didn't have a lot of positive to say about wave 1 so it's nice to see something work. Plus, this is the first Han figure in ages worth a crap in any Hasbro scale.

I passed on Boba Fett on purpose, there are too many sculpt issues that hold it back for my tastes - the immobile viewfinder, the wookiee braids, the rigid belt packs, the hoses, that stuff kept me from going after it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I saw Han live out in the wild today. He looks alot better than I expected, I wish I would have picked him up. I went back and forth on him and ended up putting him back.

I received Leia today. Her face isn't too bad, but she has an odd look on her face. I haven't opened it yet, but the joints in the legs look bad; probably due to it being skin and not clothes.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    The figure overall is very good. The likeness has issues straight-on, but from above and from either side it's good.
    From what I can see, in terms of the likeness, Han's eyes seem to be a bit too close together; but that could just be an illusion created by paint apps. However, the eyebrows seem to be the biggest problem: they are too thick, too arched, and too high on his forehead.

As it is, the figure definitely feels like a much more "glammed up" version of Han Solo, when he really needs to look more rugged and scruffy.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

The pictures I've seen make me think of Han Solo from the cartoon in the Christmas Special. The figure in real life doesn't look that bad.