Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    The eyes I think are just due to Hasbro's awful photography skills. Seen plenty of figures that do that in their press releases. It should most likely look better on the released product. So I wouldn't worry.

And no, the $3.00 increase is just Amazon. Wave 1 went up originally at $22.99 also.
    Those are not photography issues on those eyes, that's clearly a paint issue, it's showing on the packaged shot as well from a different angle. She looks like a Scooby Doo celebrity guest character that just ran into a monster.
    "Hey, it's famous actress and writer Carrie Fisher, what are you doing in this spooky old factory?"
    "Hi kids, well I figured I should start working on a backup career in case acting and writing don't pan out, and renovating this old mustard squeeze-bottle factory sounded like a great investment at the time when I got talked into-- Wait, is that a gh-gh-gh-ghost?!?"
    "ZOINKS! Like, let's get out of here Scoob! You too, Miss Fisher!"
    "*canned laughter*"
    "Jinkies!"

Whether it's a production paint issue is another question, and I think that is a production or near-production sample too, based on the amount of flash on the arm joints. That eye paint has all the artistry and nuance of an "OBEY" Andre the Giant stencil slapped on an overpass 15 seconds ago.

The first time I saw the wave 1 6"ers on Amazon was $19.99.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Good news! Looks like there won't be a long wait for Wave 2....

Entertainment Earth has the Wave 2 case in stock right now for $79.99... and with free shipping.

Got my case ordered and will be on it's way soon. Guess my Bro gets the Boba Fett.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Why did they make Slave Leia child-sized?

http://www.rebelscum.com/Hasbro-Star...05/IMAGE19.asp

Is this now a thing with the 6" line, there will always be 1 underscaled figure per wave? First R2, now Leia. Between the wide hips, doll eyes, and now the child-sized stature, I'm glad I passed on this one.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Why did they make Slave Leia child-sized?

http://www.rebelscum.com/Hasbro-Star...05/IMAGE19.asp

Is this now a thing with the 6" line, there will always be 1 underscaled figure per wave? First R2, now Leia. Between the wide hips, doll eyes, and now the child-sized stature, I'm glad I passed on this one.
    Not that I plan to buy any of the figures from this wave (although that Han Solo might just impress me enough in person to make an exception), but Leia looks to be about the right height when you consider how freakishly tiny Carrie Fisher really is:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4118277_f520.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	26.0 KB 
ID:	28009
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

She looks pretty close to how tall she was in the movie.

If you look at pics of her next to Han. She's 5'1" and Han's 6'1".

I guess they could have just done giant Princess Leia figures like we got for years in POTF2.

But I'd rather they actually do her in a more accurate scale and not the same size as the males.

This sounds like the reaction we got when Hasbro finally started producing accurate sized Leia figures.

That said.... my only real issue with the figure is that I wish they had given her a real chain slave collar.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Han Leia.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	26.8 KB 
ID:	28010   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Han Leia Figures.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	28011   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LC-1452.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	71.3 KB 
ID:	28012  
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Not that I plan to buy any of the figures from this wave (although that Han Solo might just impress me enough in person to make an exception), but Leia looks to be about the right height when you consider how freakishly tiny Carrie Fisher really is:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4118277_f520.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	26.0 KB 
ID:	28009
    That pic is kinda weird in scales, Lando huge just because he's a few steps ahead, Chewie pretty short despite again being just a few steps behind. Anyway, if that's an accurate representation, she's still about 10% taller than the figure, compare to the shoulder, and not as petite across either. That weird long neck on the Han figure doesn't help either.

That Han looked really good in person at SDCC, btw, but the production pics have the same bigger painted eyes that the Leia does so there is a tradeoff. I really don't know why the subtlety of the eyes on Luke couldn't be carried forward, the eyes on Leia and Han in wave 2 look so much lesser-than to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    She looks pretty close to how tall she was in the movie.

If you look at pics of her next to Han. She's 5'1" and Han's 6'1".

I guess they could have just done giant Princess Leia figures like we got for years in POTF2.

But I'd rather they actually do her in a more accurate scale and not the same size as the males.

This sounds like the reaction we got when Hasbro finally started producing accurate sized Leia figures.
    Thanks for the troll-esque responses.

Note in your evidence that the "she expressed her true feelings for me" pic of Leia and Han she comes up to his chin, while the figure doesn't even come up to that Han's shoulders. But whatever, I guess just lump me in with the most ignorant collectors possible to bolster your argument.

Three of those figures actually look pretty good.

But if anyone defends anything about that abortion of a Leia figure, they should find a designated driver until the alcohol's out of their system.

(But, in all seriousness, the stature, proportions, face, neck, arms, knees, and especially hips of that figure are just awful. That's inexcusable in a $20 figure.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    That pic is kinda weird in scales, Lando huge just because he's a few steps ahead, Chewie pretty short despite again being just a few steps behind. Anyway, if that's an accurate representation, she's still about 10% taller than the figure, compare to the shoulder, and not as petite across either. That weird long neck on the Han figure doesn't help either.
    Well, it's a wide-angle photo, so it's going to create some slight "fisheye" distortion to the image. The combination of the distortion and the depth of field is what indicates to me that it's taken with a wide-angle lens. If the photo was taken with a narrow-angle lens (aka telephoto), then the background wouldn't be so clearly in focus, even Chewbacca would be noticeably out of focus compared to Han and Leia.

Wide-angle lenses create predictable distortion to an image. Objects near the edge of the frame get noticeably distorted, which is why Lando looks so gigantic and the distance between objects within the frame are exaggerated, which is why Chewbacca looks so tiny. So, if anything, this photo would be making Leia appear larger than she actually is, not smaller.

Also, in those close-cropped images of the actors (like the one Beast posted), where you are only supposed to be focusing on their faces and their expressions, sometimes they will have shorter actors standing on boxes or platforms in order to frame the shot better. So if you can't see the actors' feet, then the image is not reliable at all for determining scale.

I do agree that the 6" Han Solo's long neck is throwing the height comparison off. Plus, the fact that every figure in this line so far has a pinhead doesn't help. If Leia's head was larger, then your mind would be telling you that she's just short, but since they made her head too small, then she ends up looking improperly scaled.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Three of those figures actually look pretty good.

But if anyone defends anything about that abortion of a Leia figure, they should find a designated driver until the alcohol's out of their system.
    I don't think the figure looks good at all, but I'm just saying that the height of the figure seems to be the one thing that Hasbro didn't get wrong.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I have to say that after seeing the photo of the "giant" POTF2 Slave Leia, I can't help but wonder what that figure would look like standing next to the 6" Slave Leia. Would there even be much of a size difference?

Adam Pawlus' review pointed out that Han's eyes aren't even the right color - and he doesn't have his chin scar. The figure looks pretty phenomenal other than that (though I've yet to see it in person), but how could they fumble such obvious details?
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram