Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Battle of Geonosis Jedi Knights packs

Yoda's News posted photos of two new sets - the first (carded, loose) includes Sephjet Josall, Sarrissa Jeng, Roan Shryne, and Clone Commander Ponds; the second (carded, loose) includes Que-Mars Redath, Khaat Qiyn, Selig Kenjenn, and Clone Captain Deviss. The Jedi figures look to be reused or retooled bodies with new heads, while the clones are based on the 2003 super-articulated sculpt - it would have been a good place to debut the captain and commander versions of the 2011 sculpt, but these work fine.

Frankly I'm surprised we're getting this many random human Jedi, but these sets are awesome! Their presence in the arena is sorely lacking, and these sets feature most of the more prominent ones. No word yet on where they'll be available, but this looks like something TRU would pick up.

Sephjet Josall is one of the Jedi who throws lightsabers to Obi-Wan and Anakin - the other Jedi, Nicanas Tassu, was released in the Target exclusive Geonosis Arena Showdown sets a few years back.

Sarrissa Jeng is the "HI-YA!!!" female Jedi. Her figure actually looks like it uses mostly new parts.

Roan Shryne was a featured character in Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader.

Commander Ponds is Mace's clone commander. In the film, he's the one who informs Mace of the commando units awaiting his order. Here he comes with binoculars.

Que-Mars Redath (who's missing the "-Gom" from his last name for some reason) is a Weequay Jedi, similar to Sora Bulq.

Khaat Qiyn, another human female, was featured prominently in the AOTC Visual Dictionary. Here she sports much less makeup.

Searches for Selig Kenjenn don't show anything, but he's an Asian-looking male with two lightsabers.

Deviss has been made in his phase two armor (he was created after Bly's colors were changed from red to yellow), but he's just a normal red-striped clone captain. The boxed sample shows a paint error on his chin.

Sarissa looks a bit off. Other than that, these would be perfect if THEY'D TAKE OUT THE STINKING CLONETROOPERS!!! I know it sounds nitpicky, but these sets will cost more than they should because they put stupid repaints of a stupid figure that's been released a billion times before.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

These sets are great. Who would've thought we'd get so many new jedi at once. I'm definitely on board for these.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Sarissa looks a bit off. Other than that, these would be perfect if THEY'D TAKE OUT THE STINKING CLONETROOPERS!!! I know it sounds nitpicky, but these sets will cost more than they should because they put stupid repaints of a stupid figure that's been released a billion times before.
    It's probably the other way around - Target or TRU or whoever wanted a couple of sets at a certain price and Hasbro went from there. (That's often how it works, anyway.) Sure, I would have preferred something other than repacks of old figures, but they're not awful.

Interesting set. I have zero interest in buying it or in the characters included, but it's interesting because it opens up the possibilities of more sets like this one in the future. This might be a great way to release some of the Skiff Guard who probably wouldn't do well as an individually carded release.

Wookieepedia has since updated to say that Selig Kenjenn is a Hasbro creation . . . but it seems that's not the case. This image of Leland Chee as a Jedi has the same color robes and the same hairstyle as the figure, so I think it's same to assume that this is supposed to be Chee. Too bad they didn't include a holocron with him.

I would have been all over this a couple of years ago but I've since cooled off on background Jedi "characters."

I think I'll pass.

How about an even Younger Obi-Wan and Xanatos, with Qui-Gon?

How about Dooku as a Jedi Knight and young Qui-Gon as a teen? Maybe with Yoda? Or Tahl? Yeah - Tahl, definitely!

How about Obi-Wan as a bounty hunter with Siri Tachi as a bounty hunter, and maybe older Anakin as a padawan, but in white? Or Krayyn the slaver?

These are just about all "boring" human Jedi figures with recognizable characters offered in ways we've never had them offered before.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Seems these sets won't be coming to the UK, so if anyone can help me out with one of each, I'd really appreciate it. I've tried ordering direct from TRU.com, but they won't ship to the UK. I think they ship free within the US.
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

Quote Originally Posted by sebillba View Post
    Seems these sets won't be coming to the UK, so if anyone can help me out with one of each, I'd really appreciate it. I've tried ordering direct from TRU.com, but they won't ship to the UK. I think they ship free within the US.
    I'll keep an eye out for 'em. Anybody have any idea when these can be expected to start hitting?
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.