Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

3 3/4" Black Series wave 3

JediNews has early photos from Celebration Europe II that show four new, awesome-looking figures - Vizam, Darth Plagueis, Commander Neyo, and the long-promised Mace Windu from The Clone Wars.

Vizam looks incredible and includes the Sail Barge cannon that was previously included with Nysad in 2009.

Plagueis includes his breath mask from the novel (!) and some kind of beatin' stick or something. I'm SO glad they didn't stick a nose on him. He looks adequately terrifying.

Neyo is based on the new sculpt, so he has a removable helmet, with slicked-back hair. The new helmet looks great.

Mace, we've known about him since last year, but I'm glad he's coming.

I'm sure they'll show more throughout the weekend, but this is a great start! It also backs up the rumor list, so hopefully this means Toryn Farr and Merumeru will be close behind.

This wave holds more interest for me than the 1st. Wave 2 has couple, too.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Vizam looks pretty amazing. But that's all I'm really looking forward to from the figures shown. Well, I guess I also want to see how Merumeru turned out.

I'm not completely sure, but it looks like Neyo's headsculpt is actually based on concept art for The Clone Wars that didn't quite make it into the series - Neyo only appeared with his helmet on. In addition to his hair, he has his clone number tattooed down the left side of his face. If the figure is released this way, it'll be at least some kind of nod to the series, which is much appreciated.

Though I'm a little bummed he doesn't come with WAC-47.

This wave is the best that Hasbro has shown thus far. Vizam is the most interesting of the wave. I like Plageus really well too. I wasn't very interested in Neyo, but its starting to build. I might preorder this wave when it shows.

Rebelscum has a detailed gallery of Hasbro's new items. They all look great - I still don't quite know why I think Neyo is so damn cool-looking. His torso looks to be an all-new sculpt due to the equipment on his back, and I'm glad they didn't elongate the helmet like has been done by other companies previously.

A grand total of one figure of interest (Vizam). My, how Star Wars collecting has just dropped off for me. And with the SW universe getting bigger and more diluted OT releases can only become fewer still. Probably for the best though, as far as my finances are concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Devo View Post
    A grand total of one figure of interest (Vizam). My, how Star Wars collecting has just dropped off for me. And with the SW universe getting bigger and more diluted OT releases can only become fewer still. Probably for the best though, as far as my finances are concerned.
    Supposedly, one of the "insiders" said that Hasbro had some big OT-heavy plans for 2014 because of the 3D rereleases. Those movies are still cancelled, but Hasbro plans to go ahead with what they had scheduled. If that's true, then 2014 could be a very OT-centric year.

Did it not occur to them that those 3D rereleases might have done better had they at least started with the original trilogy? Cancelling them outright because TPM tanked seemed premature to me. Certainly I don't see why Jurassic Park goes ahead but OT Star Wars is off the 3D agenda. I don't particularly care either way, I just wonder what they were expecting to happen when the first thing they do is forcefeed what many consider to be the very worst Star Wars film (I actually think its the best of the PT) to cinema audiences.

Anyway good news if Hasbro intends to go ahead with the OT stuff they had planned. I wonder could a Sailbarge be amongst the lot. At this point I think its the only vehicle I'd definitely buy. I can't even display my SW stuff anymore so I can no longer justify buying X-wing rereleases etc etc When it comes to the Sailbarge though, space shmace.

Anyone else worried that with Hasbro putting out all the alien Skiff guards first it'll mean they'll be less inclined to do the 'boring' human ones later?