Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    What does Vizam's cannon connect to?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Devo View Post
    Anyone else worried that with Hasbro putting out all the alien Skiff guards first it'll mean they'll be less inclined to do the 'boring' human ones later?
    I don't think Hasbro was ever going to be inclined to do the boring human Skiff Guards. The good news is that many of their outfits were reused for more than one character, so the opportunity does exist for Hasbro to make some of those humans and to get more than one use out of that mold.

For example, the shirtless human Skiff Guard wears the exact same outfit as Fozec, who we already know has been on Hasbro's radar for years now. Velken Tezeri, the most prominent human Skiff Guard (aside from Lando), wears an outfit identical to Nizuc Bek's. So there is a chance that Hasbro could make the more well known characters from Jabba's Palace and then just sculpt new heads and rerelease those figures again (with a Caucasian skin tone in the case of the shirtless human) in a new Skiff Guards multipack.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    It fits really well on the Skiff railing.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    As I mentioned earlier, it's a reused accessory from the Nikto Gunner figure from The Legacy Collection. I've seen a lot of comments on FB and the like from people who think this means a sail barge is coming, forgetting that they got their hopes up for no reason over this exact same piece four years ago. (Not that that's what you're doing, I've just seen it a lot.)
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I am still angry that Hasbro said they will not be doing a sailbarge. I drew up my own plans to have the plastic cut and made for me, but my Tantive IV was $750 (partially because I made some materials ordering mistakes - but it was a learning experience).

I will wait and see however. I don't have funds to have my design built yet. But for sure it is coming.

Meanwhile, from the list we all voted on some years ago, at SSG, these figures have still never been made (that we as a group voted for):

1) Cliegg Lars - I asked Darryl about this one and he shrugged. He doesn't want to do Cliegg, I'm pretty sure. But what about how Jocastu Nu was released?

2) Guri - there are 3 potential outfits for her from the SOTE and SOTE: E comics. Personally I'd like them all made - spaced out of course.

3) *COUGH* Brea Tonnika (actress Christine Hewitt said OK to Hasbro and even to me in person at CII or III. She is sadly deceased)

4) Sim Aloo (Imperial Dignitary that Kenner originally made)

5) *COUGH* Senni Tonnika (this actress is the problem with the Tonnikas being made - and she'll insist she was Brea if they make Christine's figure).

6) Cane Adiss

7) Sgt. Doallyn - Yes!!! (skiff guard)

8) Tzizvvt - Yes!!! (Mos Eisley)

9) Mosep Binneed (Mos Eisley)

10) Joruus C'Boath (EU - Heir To The Empire) Yes!!!

11) Uncle Owen ANH - a new sculpt of Phil Brown's portrayal as Luke's uncle

12) Tey How (last member of the Trade Federation's Revenue's bridge crew, the Niemoidian with the eye pieces) yes!!!

13) Reegesk - a Ranat from Mos Eisley - Yes!!!

14) Jess - Han Solo's girlfriend from the deleted scene in the cantina I think

15) Taym-dren Garen - he shot Luke's hand - yes!!!

16) Baniss Keeg - the other Duro from Mos Eisley

17) Wald - Warwick Davis' Rodian from Mos Espa - Yes!!!

18) Kitster - Anakin's friend from Mos Espa - Yes!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These were runners-up or high rankers from Kidhuman's poll:

19) Treva Horme (Cloud City tall alien) - yes!!!

20) Nute Gunray ROTS

21) Shasha Teil - Ishi Tibb from Jabba's - yes!!!

22) Padme from the Senate / Palpatine's office - AOTC - yes!!!

23) Queen Jamilla - AOTC - yes!!!

24) Rogwa Woodrata - big furry Separatist from Dooku's meeting on Geonosis.

* Also of note, we voted for another Expanded Universe figure - Corran Horn. We have an X-wing pilot version, but perhaps a Jedi Knight is in order? I think we probably voted for the pilot, but CORSEC (when he was younger) is also a possibility. The Jedi first would please me.

Personally there are a lot of other good choices.

But in 3 waves of black series figures, I'm only buying 2 figures (Plageuis and Merimeru I think).

There's almost nothing interesting to me

I'd probably buy every figure above on our voted-for list except another Uncle Owen, Jess (maybe), and Nute Gunray E3. I made a Bannis Keeg a long time ago by adding the fabric Luke Ceremony jacket to Elorrs Madak.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Devo View Post
    Did it not occur to them that those 3D rereleases might have done better had they at least started with the original trilogy? Cancelling them outright because TPM tanked seemed premature to me. Certainly I don't see why Jurassic Park goes ahead but OT Star Wars is off the 3D agenda. I don't particularly care either way, I just wonder what they were expecting to happen when the first thing they do is forcefeed what many consider to be the very worst Star Wars film (I actually think its the best of the PT) to cinema audiences.
    They went with the prequels I think partly because they were much easier to convert to 3D since they were heavily digital anyway, while there wasn't a single aspect of the Special Editions that would have been good enough to convert to 3D so every single asset would have to be redone and every film element would have to be redone as well, all for results most audiences simply weren't interested in - 3D is already on its way out.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post

* Also of note, we voted for another Expanded Universe figure - Corran Horn. We have an X-wing pilot version, but perhaps a Jedi Knight is in order? I think we probably voted for the pilot, but CORSEC (when he was younger) is also a possibility. The Jedi first would please me.
    There were some issues taken in regards to the pilot version we did get. Corran in the EU books wore a green flight suit, not the standard orange. I was always a bit saddened we never got the green version. I would love to see an older version of him in his green Jedi robes as well.
    ~Umbra: Light is only a shadow cast by the darkness of the stars

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    They went with the prequels I think partly because they were much easier to convert to 3D since they were heavily digital anyway, while there wasn't a single aspect of the Special Editions that would have been good enough to convert to 3D so every single asset would have to be redone and every film element would have to be redone as well, all for results most audiences simply weren't interested in - 3D is already on its way out.
    At John Knoll and Dennis Muren's panel at CVI, Knoll actually said he believed that converting the OT was going to be easier than converting the PT simply because, even in spite of the fact that there's more digital material for the PT, there are so many more things on screen during a lot of the PT compared to the OT, and thus more things to still going to have to convert into 3D. I get the feeling that TPM was first since George (or someone else) wanted to release them in story order.

Well, it doesn't matter anymore.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Well, it doesn't matter anymore.
    True, true. Since they showed TPM 3D at CVI and AOTC 3D at CEII, maybe that means the stateside crowd will get a shot at seeing AOTC 3D at CVII.

Having just seen remnants of TBS wave 1 at two more Targets, it seems that Anakin and the Biker Scout are already the slow movers. They are packed two to a case - and each Target has had at least one Anakin sold - but I'm a little surprised that Biggs isn't the immediate obvious pegwarmer.

The case has too many army-builders that don't feel necessary right now.

The scout trooper could have waited longer since the bike set is still in TRUs and only $12 more than this with an excellent bike. I've seen the most of him.

The clone pilot is just a "more of the same" feeling due to a lot of Clone Wars and prequel stuff the last 10 years or so.

The clone lt phase 1 is another colored white clone after a lot of recent white clones, and as good as the mold is, this use of it doesn't feel fresh or necessary at this stage.

All those were the ones I saw lingering, plus Ep 2 Anakin which I just am not interested in enough to drop $10 on, especially with another inaccurate likeness on the face.

I haven't seen Padme or Luke yet at all. Only saw 1x Biggs and 1x Vader so far, and I bought both of them because of BOGO50%.

This wave just feels very sleepy and repetitive, not enough surprises or fun or changeups from what dragged the other lines down. Biggs has a ship coming out soon and has a new sculpt and just feels like something that isn't constant. I didn't realize Biggs was 2x in this case though, now I am surprised to that he's not lingering... he probably will since he's also 1x in the wave 2 case, but I guess being orange on a black card helps him stand out.