Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Article: Star Wars Celebration Anaheim, April 16-19, 2015

Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

This news is absolutely thrilling! I'll be going for sure. While every Celebration has been a blast, there's something electric about the anticipation of a new movie at the conventions. Hopefully this means a May release of the film. And the first season of Rebels will be wrapping up at the time, so there should be a lot of programming for that as well.

The fact that the convention center is not only in the same city as Disneyland but literally across the street is great. Hopefully there will be at least some sort of new Star Wars content at the park by then, but if not that's still awesome. The location is a shorter distance from Colorado than Orlando was, meaning that some of my family members who didn't get to go to CVI will be able to go CVII - er, Celebration Anaheim, I mean.

Even though Celebration Europe didn't end up yielding a ton of news, I'm very happy with what was revealed. And I'm excited for the movie anticipation to keep building - Celebration was a very integral part of the experience for me during the PT's release.

Hey, I could walk there! Well, if I want to walk a LONG way. When do the lines start for panels? I shall be there, if there's still a world then!

Well, hell, even I might make it to that one!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Good to see some commitments on this. I'm thinking about getting a room on this show, I know it's only 30 or so miles from my place, but that's a beast of a drive back and forth for 4 days straight and I know I'll want to go all the days like last time. That's like $10 in gas per day, plus parking (I'd use my annual pass parking, but that lot is over a mile away, over half a mile after the tram ride).

I kinda like the name changing from numbered to city.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

What, you got something against Roman numerals, JT?

And since it's in 2015, should we all ride our hoverboards there? Bet on the Cubs winning the World Series, everyone!

When I went to C4 in LA back in... '07?... I only went for one day. I suspect that'd be my plan again for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    What, you got something against Roman numerals, JT?

And since it's in 2015, should we all ride our hoverboards there? Bet on the Cubs winning the World Series, everyone!

When I went to C4 in LA back in... '07?... I only went for one day. I suspect that'd be my plan again for this one.
    Too many roman numerals spoil the broth. Rocky III plus Rocky IV = Rocky VII: Adrian's Revenge!

1 day? Man, I can't imagine going less than 2, CIV was amazing virtually every day and the first 3 days had content worth seeing up until midnight.

Interestingly, StarWars.com originally referred to it as both Celebration VII and Celebration Anaheim, but the article has been changed to now just calling it Celebration 2015. StarWarsCelebration.com has been sticking with Celebration Anaheim the whole time. Hopefully they make up their minds sometime in the next two years.

I've attended every day of every US Celebration (except for the all-day screening at CIV), and there's always enough to see and do that it's impossible to fit it into the schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Interestingly, StarWars.com originally referred to it as both Celebration VII and Celebration Anaheim, but the article has been changed to now just calling it Celebration 2015. StarWarsCelebration.com has been sticking with Celebration Anaheim the whole time. Hopefully they make up their minds sometime in the next two years.

I've attended every day of every US Celebration (except for the all-day screening at CIV), and there's always enough to see and do that it's impossible to fit it into the schedule.
    Adrian's Revenge it shall be then!

Very cool on being to all the Celebrations, and I wouldn't say there was as much double-booking as Comic-Con, but there was some which means there's plenty to see and do.