Article: ABC in talks to develop TV shows based on 'Star Wars' characters

"SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Shouldn't this be easy to get rolling? They have been working on stories and scripts for a Star Wars television show for years.

Quote Originally Posted by happy View Post
    Shouldn't this be easy to get rolling? They have been working on stories and scripts for a Star Wars television show for years.
    I was thinking the same thing when I read this. I had been chatting with Steve Sansweet years ago about this project coming to fruition. We'll see...
    Bradenton Marauders fan page -> http://LetsGoMarauders.com
    FACEBOOK -> LetsGoMarauders
    TWITTER -> @LetsGoMarauders

The scripts for so-called "Underworld" may or may not work for a variety of reasons now, though. Evidently the budget was deemed too huge for LFL to pull off on its own, but that shouldn't necessarily be a concern anymore, and even if it is they can rework elements of the show to be more affordable.

But then there's the fact that the show was going to take place during the period between ROTS and ANH, which is now ground that will be covered by Star Wars Rebels - presumably not the same characters or subject matter, but still the same time period. I can't imagine them doing two concurrent TV shows about the same time period, which doesn't have anything to do with the new trilogy.

And then there's the fact that it might not be what Disney wants to air with the new movies coming up. Rick McCallum always said it was very dark and gritty, and I don't think that's the direction that mainstream SW projects will be taking so I can't imagine ABC doing that show at this time. I bet that the success of S.H.I.E.L.D. will determine the path of SW on TV to some extent.