Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Amidala vs. Padme

Could someone please explain to me what happened to the name "Amidala" in Episode II. I like the name a lot better than "Padme".

Re: Amidala vs. Padme

Originally posted by DarthSeattle
    Could someone please explain to me what happened to the name "Amidala" in Episode II. I like the name a lot better than "Padme".
    Amidala's full name is Padme' Naberrie Amidala. She was only using Amidala when she was the queen, and using the name Padme when she was disguised as a handmaiden. Now that she is no longer queen, she uses her full name again.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Yep, the secret was out, and Sabe is either out of a job or getting ALOT of plastic surgery...
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Thanks

Thank you guys, but does that mean that her last name is "Amidala"? Meaning that her father would be, for example Mr. Amidala? Because I thought that Naberrie was the family name. Also, did Natalie Portman play Sabe, too. I thought so at first, but then I heard somewhere that some other actress played Sabe.

No, someone else played Sabe, in an interview I read Portman said one day her mother went to the set and mistook the person who played Sabe for her.

Amidala is the family name I guess yeah.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Sabe actress

So is the actress who plays Sabe the one in the black, feather outfit AND at the end battle? If so, does that mean that Natalie Portman herself never donned the black, feather outfit?

i gotta disagree with ya there jar jar. her name is padme amidala naberrie. Naberrie is her last name, as we'll get to meet the whole naberrie family in episode 2.

check out her bio at the official site. it clearly states naberrie is her last name. amidala is either her middle name or a name chosen as a royal title. but it's not a last name. think queen elizabeth or king george for example. royalty uses their first, or in padme's case, her middle name after her title of queen.

sabe was played by kerianna knightely. (not to sure on the spelling)
    Last edited by derek; 03-12-2002 at 07:46 PM.

Originally posted by derek
    i gotta disagree with ya there jar jar. her name is padme amidala naberrie. Naberrie is her last name, as we'll get to meet the whole naberrie family in episode 2. Check out her bio at the official site. it clearly states naberrie is her last name. amidala is either her middle name or a name chosen as a royal title. but it's not a last name. think queen elizabeth or king george for example. royalty uses their first, or in padme's case, her middle name after her title of queen.
    Yeah, your right. My bad, I was going by the original charecter listings for E1 from 3 years ago, where it had it the other way. I humbly surrender my "Star Wars" geek medal for now. But you owe me a rematch.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I thought her name was Padme Naberrie and Amidala was sort of a honorific, like Pope John Paul. His real name is not John Paul, but in fact mffmble enmble something Hungarian, which is where he is from. The same goes for "Amidala"...