Kenner Vintage Double Telescoping Darth Vader & Obi Wan???????

Hi Forumites,

Need some help. Do the attached pictures look like DT lightsabers? Thoughts? How can you tell actually? I was thinking of sending these to AFA for grading but it seems they do not really authentic DT lightsabers figures from what the contact Ethan told me. Sounds odd. In the pics especially Vader it looks to be a DT. Kenobi harder to tell. Any thought or judgment let me know. Thanks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	27773Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (1).jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	27774

They both kind of look like the standard lightsabers to me. Do you have any high quality photos where we can see the intersection point between the lightsaber segments?

I will see if I can take those pics. Also on the Ben you can not see the blue handle that you push. Looks like the DT part it is coming through the 2 part holder. Not sure. Almost impossible to tell unless you open them .

At first look, I'd say they're regular sabers, to my eyes.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Vader's saber has flashing on the edge that doesn't look similar to any classic DT or even regular telescoping saber, and it has a more rounded tip than I remember seeing on DTs, so if it telescopes it might be a repro.

Obi-Wan's saber isn't seated into his arm in the back, it's sticking out and rotated to the left, which is why the handle isn't showing.

More shots looking up towards the saber itself would be helpful, as would a shot of the handle in the back. Also, you might wanna grab a shot of the entire coffin blister to examine for signs of being opened and re-sealed. If it passes all that providence, that would be really exciting, good luck.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

There's a test called the paper clip test you could do. Unfold a paper clip and carefully feed it through the gap between the bottom of the card and the bubble up the tip of the lightsaber. Then push the tip of the lightsaber in. If the tip retracts it's a DT figure. Otherwise it's a normal one. For a more detailed link about this go to the SWAC page a DT Luke.

As for my opinion, I agree with JT on Obi-Wan's. Its just a standard lightsaber twisted around. With that much of the tip sticking out there would be any of the inner saber showing like that. Vader's lightsaber shows a nicer squared brake point, but given that tip sticks out a normal ST length I say it's a ST saber.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane