Article: Everest Hobson Lucas Born To George Lucas And Mellody Hobson

"SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Wow, that's so unexpected! It sounds like George won't have much time to himself even in retirement.

Wow! First biological child for Lucas, at almost 70, and through a surrogate. GL certainly likes to do things his own way.

On a side note, Jett is 20! He was just a kid in EP2 and EP3, but I guess it has been a while since EP3. Seems like only yesterday.

So would this be a bestard child since it came less then 9 months after they married?

I wonder if this is what prompted him to sell Lucasfilm and finally get married again, or if he was just going through the latest midlife crisis ever.

Seriously though, congratulations George Lucas! 4 kids though, buddy, and one will be going to college when you're in your late '80s, may want to hold back donating a few million of that cash.

If he isn't a mountain of a man when he grows up, that's a wasted opportunity there.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I wonder if this is what prompted him to sell Lucasfilm and finally get married again, or if he was just going through the latest midlife crisis ever.
    The fact that it was a surrogate means it was planned, and the fact that the baby was born in early August means the surrogate must have gotten impregnated around early November of last year - very shortly after Disney bought LFL on October 30. I wonder which of his many life-changing decisions came first - retirement, selling the company, marriage, or raising a child? He's certainly been talking about retirement the longest, but hadn't done much until hiring Kathleen Kennedy last year. At least he's taking the opportunity to focus on his personal life as opposed to his career now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    The fact that it was a surrogate means it was planned, and the fact that the baby was born in early August means the surrogate must have gotten impregnated around early November of last year - very shortly after Disney bought LFL on October 30. I wonder which of his many life-changing decisions came first - retirement, selling the company, marriage, or raising a child? He's certainly been talking about retirement the longest, but hadn't done much until hiring Kathleen Kennedy last year. At least he's taking the opportunity to focus on his personal life as opposed to his career now.
    Good point. My question is still valid if you simply assume I mean "this" refers to wanting to have offspring with his then-girlfriend, or maybe even if "this" means their attempts to get a surrogate to receive their fertilized egg finally worked.

I'll be honest, the only thing about his career holding him back before seemed like his inability to not micromanage. The companies and the franchise were working fine, and maybe without his close guidance they wouldn't have, but maybe they would.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.