Hybrid View

Is it possible that episode VII is really.........

Is it possible that episode VII is really going to be the first in a series of remakes of the prequel trilogy? Is that at all possible? I may be way off base here, but 2015 is the 10th anniversary of revenge of the sith. And I didn't like hayden as vader/anakin and I never will like him.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

No, it is not possible! Not in any way, shape, or form.

But you are welcome to ignore the PT if you like.
    May the force be with you.

If they're going to remake Episode I, they're not going to call it Episode VII.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    If they're going to remake Episode I, they're not going to call it Episode VII.
    Unless the story involves Luke traveling into the past along with the new bad guy resulting in a new alternate timeline of Episode I. But thats crazy talk. What are the chances of that happening with J.J. Abrams behind the helm?
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

My theory is that Disney will work hard to sideline the Prequels as the years go on. Not that they are going to directly try to rewrite them, but I believe they will be writing the Sequel Trilogy as if the Prequels had never happened. In other words, we will see little to no reference at all to the events in the Prequels and I'm totally fine with that. I think the people working on the film right now know that the Original Trilogy is the fundamental core of Star Wars and those three movies are the reason that Star Wars is still popular today. The Prequels have only remained popular by feeding off of the OT's popularity.

The nice thing about George Lucas being out of the picture is that we're not going to have a stubborn filmmaker trying to cram the PT down people's throats in some vain attempt to force fans to accept them as equal to the OT (something that will NEVER happen).
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I heard a terrible rumor about E 7, involving Charlotte showing up. Don't know who Charlotte is? Well then dig up some PT threads and figure it out.