Thread: Checklists?

Checklists?

I'm not sure if the idea or issue has been addressed before on SSG, but I'd LOVE to see a checklist section. The other site (RS) does a great job with the basic figures and lines but I have found them seriously lacking when it come to non-toy line. Some examples would include:

Gentle Giant
    Kotobukiya
    Sideshow
    Medicom

I have found a few good reference sites, but they seem to have stopped updating a couple years ago.

What I'd like to see is something like:

Gentle Giant
    - Mini Busts
    - Bust Ups
    - Statues
    - Maquettes

Each sub category would have it's own checklist. Nothing fancy, simple, no need to get into release dates, MSRP, etc.

I think it would be a great help to new collectors or old collectors looking at different lines.

Thoughts?
    May the force be with you.

I like lists.

I would be in favor of such a list.

Lists.

LISTS...

:drool:
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    I'm not sure if the idea or issue has been addressed before on SSG, but I'd LOVE to see a checklist section. The other site (RS) does a great job with the basic figures and lines but I have found them seriously lacking when it come to non-toy line. Some examples would include:

Gentle Giant
    Kotobukiya
    Sideshow
    Medicom

I have found a few good reference sites, but they seem to have stopped updating a couple years ago.

What I'd like to see is something like:

Gentle Giant
    - Mini Busts
    - Bust Ups
    - Statues
    - Maquettes

Each sub category would have it's own checklist. Nothing fancy, simple, no need to get into release dates, MSRP, etc.

I think it would be a great help to new collectors or old collectors looking at different lines.

Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I like lists.

I would be in favor of such a list.

Lists.

LISTS...

:drool:
    We technically already have exactly what you are asking for on SirSteve's Guide's sister site Collection Station. Best part is the site has a wiki type setup. If you find that something is missing, be it an entire category of collectibles or simply only one specific item in said category, you can add it in.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

It's a lot of work and if someone is willing to help, I can implement a system but it would be a basic system. CollectionStation.com is just what you want but some sections are a little slow due to old code we are working on optimizing. The beauty of CollectionStation.com is that ANYONE can add to it as it is community generated content.
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Quote Originally Posted by SirSteve View Post
    It's a lot of work and if someone is willing to help, I can implement a system but it would be a basic system. CollectionStation.com is just what you want but some sections are a little slow due to old code we are working on optimizing. The beauty of CollectionStation.com is that ANYONE can add to it as it is community generated content.
    Speaking of which, I need to get back into adding stuff to the site for those freebies. Just need to find the time with everything else going on. That and a camera for pics.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

I've still got that stuff laying around... and a lot of new stuff.
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!