1/10th Scale Kotobukiya

Is anyone else collecting these?

I ordered the ESB Vader and Fett last week.

They are really nice, I like the fact that they added multiple arms for different poses. I do have to admit these are a bit smaller than I expected, having bought so many of the 1/6th scale figures these are MUCH smaller. Quality and detail has never disappointed me and these are no exception.

In fact, I rather prefer some of the newer features Kotobukiya has integrated into the new line. Things like magnetic bases and feet, pegs and peg holes, multiple arms for different poses, articulated Boba Fett head, etc. The base for Vader easily fits Boba Fett as well so I have both figures on the Vader base.

So, now my 1/10 scale collection has begun, which means I have several more to buy:

Darth Vader ROTJ
    Boba Fett ROTJ
    Stormtrooper 2 pack
    Royal Guard 2 pack
    Sandtrooper (Orange Pauldron) 2 pack
    Sandtrooper (White Pauldron)
    C-3PO and R2-D2
    R2-Q5

I will keep my eyes open for more of these but I hope to see:

Sandtrooper (Black Pauldron)
    Snowtrooper
    Scout Trooper
    TIE Pilot
    AT-AT Driver
    Bounty Hunters
    Death Star Gunner
    Death Star Trooper
    Stormtrooper 2 pack additional poses

I'd also like to see them make a few environment bases!
    May the force be with you.

My collection is smaller, I have the Stormtrooper 2pack, R2 and 3PO, and now Jango Fett. I really like this line, it's lower cost and lower risk, there are areas where it's clearly not as good as the regular ArtFX line but it also doesn't come with those high costs either. Yet deco, sculpt, and overall integrity all shine without breaking my wallet wide open, and they aren't so large that I have to worry about which one will be put up. I've been wanting a really excellent 3PO and R2 for my collection, but between Gentle Giant cancelling their R2 and Hasbro dropping the ball with 6"-scale R2, there's been no choice... except Koto with their beautiful 2-pack that delivers vac-metal and perfect proportions and high quality decos.

As for environment bases, I'm not sure how that'd work because they'd need to remain flat spots to use the magnetic bases, but they could be the standard base enwreathed by environment I suppose.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I have the 1:10 Stormtroopers and they are quite nice. The Stormies are not to accurate, being a combo of ANH and ROTJ, but I like the multiple arms feature, which allows you to pose them as you like.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	collection display 080.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	27857

But to be honest I totally prefer the 1:7 Kotobukiya statues, I own all Imperials from them and they are great. Now if Koto would think of making a few more 1:7 (including a new Stormtrooper), I'll be very happy, especially if using multiple arms and legs like the 1:10.
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

ROTJ Vader and Fett arrived yesterday!

Royal Guards are next on the list.
    May the force be with you.