Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Batman was always two individuals to me: the Dark Knight and Bruce Wayne. Some actors can pull off the super hero. Some can pull off the billionaire. Not too many could handle both. Michael Keaton: Bruce was better. Val Kilmer: better Batman. George Clooney: Bruce. Christian Bale: both, IMHO. Adam West: gets a pass, stamped "campy" all over it. I think Afleck would be a decent Bruce Wayne only, but his portrayal of the Penguin, Howard the Duck, or Darkwing Duck would've been a stronger casting (at least with G. Godfried as voice-over talent).
    "That's what Sheev said."

Reading the latest news from DC, this is all clearly a smoke screen. They threw this out to distract all the nerds so that they wouldn't be lynched when the news about the new effeminate Lobo hit. I've never wished death upon someone in the entertainment industry, but, hey, I guess there are enough deranged Lobo fans who are really ****ed off to wish death upon the DC editorial staff themselves so I don't have to worry about it.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The first official picture of Jason Momoa as Aquaman was released today.

It looks really quite cool. Zack Snyder has created the most faithful film version of a superhero yet. Unfortunately, it looks absolutely nothing like Aquaman, but more like a Marvel character that I thought of when the casting was announced, thinking Momoa would've been better for him in the first place.

Because, really, you show that picture to any comic fan (without any context, and imagining this person knows nothing of the casting), and he or she is going to say, "Holy crap, they're making a Namor movie?"

I can't wait to hear the response from Marvel. I'm hoping it's appropriately snarky.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I just looked at it, and really would have preferred I not bothered. First impression: it's awful. The armor tattoos, the grizzled black hair, the stupid "Jason Momoa only does one face and this is it" face, everything. This looks like a rejected costume from Snyder's wet-dream fanfic crossing 300 with Watchmen. And that opinion is from someone who doesn't have a dog in the fight, neither likes or dislikes Aquaman, he's alright but middle of the road in my book, take him or leave him.

As for it looking like Namor? Not even remotely. He's not a cross of lithe and lanky, he's not pointy-eared, he's not anything like Namor except he has dark hair.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I, too, saw the photo of Aqua-Drogo. Jason Momoa was an intriguing casting choice, when I first read that he'd be Aquaman. I was pretty certain that he wouldn't be a Baywatchy blonde fish whisperer. He looks really barbaric, which I suppose fits in with the ultra-destructive nature of this DC film universe. I can't really imagine that a green and gold costume would translate very well to film or to practicality, so I figured there would be a dramatic change to his visualization. Maybe he's playing Orm, the Ocean Master, and not his half brother Arthur Curry. Also, as I read somewhere else, how can anyone actually swim with that trident?

JT, you don't think he's more like Jae Lee's take on Namor than any Aquaman ever?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1021484-namor4.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	28555
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I remember Jae Lee's run. It came right after Byrne revamped the character, if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    JT, you don't think he's more like Jae Lee's take on Namor than any Aquaman ever?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1021484-namor4.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	28555
    Eh, I guess because of the crazy hair and the physique, but not the likeness or armor, and that likeness is only a few years in the '90s, right?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

True. But the closest Aquaman has ever had to that look was even shorter-lived.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    The first official picture of Jason Momoa as Aquaman was released today.

I can't wait to hear the response from Marvel. I'm hoping it's appropriately snarky.
    I saw a zombie. Rob Zombie, in that pic. :burnthroughtheseawitches:

If it's sea-based, how about a Snorky response?

As for Namor, first time I heard a Brazilian soccer match a couple World Cups back, this is who was there:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	USay Neymar-ISay Tomato.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	28556  
    "That's what Sheev said."