Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    The iron bowl might be the only place an upset might occur, but I think Alabama is still quite a bit better than Auburn and will win it. Considering that Florida was beaten at home by a DivII team, FSU is going to have no problem with them. OSU is going to thump Michigan pretty badly. I'm not expecting anything shocking next week. Of course, strange things can happen late in the season.

Man! Them's was some great games, unless of course you're a Tide, Beavers, or Wolverines fan. If the Buckeyes can take care of business next week vs. Sparty, they should be able to play for a national title... in Pasadena, within 50 miles of home here, and pricey game tickets! YSU apparently did not make the FCS playoffs, and Pitt couldn't handle Miami (but they still could get a bowl bid).
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Nebraska lost to Iowa 38-17. We quite possibly played our worst game of the year against a team we should've beat. Very frustrating. Auburn beating Alabama was not a huge surprise. Winning it on a returned field goal was. First time I ever saw that. Very surprising that OSU/MU game was that close. After the way we beat up their offense, I thought OSU would have no problem with them. Rivalry weekend was alot more interesting than I thought it was going to be. I think OSU should have no problem with MSU. Our running backs had no problems moving the ball against them and OSU has a really good back in Hyde.

Sigh. Buckeyes, you had a great "regular" season. We'll see where they go for their bowl, but now it's not going to be in Pasadena. I think that FSU will destroy Auburn anyway, or at least score mega points on them.

BIG 10 championship was a shock. I was convinced MSU's defense was overrated, especially after we ran the ball so well against them. They proved they were legit. It sounds like OSU will go to the Orange bowl at this point, so thats still really good. I think Nebraska is going to either the Gator bowl, or Buffalo Wild Wings bowl. I hope FSU wins so the SEC people will clam up for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrooper View Post
    BIG 10 championship was a shock. I was convinced MSU's defense was overrated, especially after we ran the ball so well against them. They proved they were legit. It sounds like OSU will go to the Orange bowl at this point, so thats still really good. I think Nebraska is going to either the Gator bowl, or Buffalo Wild Wings bowl. I hope FSU wins so the SEC people will clam up for a while.
    I knew Michigan St. had a legit D; it was their O that surprised me. Buckeyes came out flat (and kept the opening drive alive with some uncharacteristic 3rd-down penalties) and just had too much of a deficit to keep away, even after taking the lead in the 3rd (their D line looked tired by then, and the young DBs forgot the rules of pass defense).

I think Auburn might be a "team of destiny" this year, but I would like the SEC-or-nothing opinions to go away, too.

Surprise? FSU's Winston wins the Heisman? Nope, that 'Bama's McCarron was second, I think.

I would've guessed Manziel, but McCarron had a nice year as well. Nebraska got matched with Georgia in the Gator bowl. Its going to be ugly.

Pitt gets Bowling Green in the Little Caesar's Bowl on 12/26, while OSU nabs a BCS bowl versus Clemson in the Orange Bowl.

Free pizza for life for all Pitt fans now! (I wish) But a win in a bowl is news for them recently.