Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thumbs up It's College Football Again!

Opening week of the 2013 season has begun! Ohio State has a harder-than-expected time with Buffalo (on a humid day with several players cramping up), still winning by 20.

Youngstown State got a win over the Dayton Flyers on Thursday.

Pitt plays Monday night (?? ) against Florida State.

As bad as it is to say it, I have no desire to see the reigning Heisman winner have any success on the football field; I wish Manziel no harm injury-wise, but I hope A&M loses more than they win, and that he is nowhere near the Downtown Athletic Club come December. He is arrogant, and not in a good sports-way, either; he makes poor decisions despite his "youth" and "immaturity."
    "That's what Sheev said."

Buffs play Colorado State tomorrow at Mile High! Go Buffs!
    May the force be with you.

Go SOONERS!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

OSU wins easily, but loses QB Miller to what first seemed like a concussion (bad) but was then an MCL issue (badder). YSU piles up the points in a 67-13, 700+ total yards win over Morehead State. While Pitt, after its shellacking [sp?] against FSU, on a bye.

And a bad leg injury to some QB yesterday; thankfully I missed the images of it.

The Buffs win again, opening the season 2-0 under Mike MacIntyre! I haven't been this hopeful for the Buffs since Rick Neuheisel was at the helm!

Connor Wood passed for 341 yards and delivered his second straight 3-TD game! He had some rough patches but picked himself up and kept playing and it really paid off! ;-)
    May the force be with you.

Nebraska wins 56-13. The defense had a much better showing than last week. Next week we get our first real test. UCLA comes to town with a very good run game.

I finally got to meet Johnny Rodgers, Nebraska's first Heisman trophy winner back in 72. He was at a local event and I had no idea he was there until my wife pointed him out. If I would've known, I would have brought some of my memorabilia for him to sign. I got my picture taken with him by his Heisman trophy and then later signed. They were having a bit of technical difficulties with the camera, so I actually got to talk a little football with him. Pretty damn cool in my book!

SOONERS! 20-51 over Tulsa.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Hey, YSU was on TV... getting paid for a beating at Michigan State. Pitt beats up on its own easy opponent, +22 on New Mexico. OSU travels to a home game at Cal Berkley (there were more cheers for Buckeye great plays than Bears' ones), and almost scores 60. Texas A&M hangs in but loses to #1 'Bama; Michigan sneaks by another team they should've blown out at home; Texas and Mack Brown may be in trouble; ND comes back to take down Purdue.

The rest of you have your schools to comment on.

Nebraska loses to UCLA 41-21. This is one of the worst games in Nebraska history. They played the first half pretty well, leading 21-10 at the half. I thought we might end up blowing them out. But they didn't even show up for the second half. The team looked absolutely lost on both offense and defense. This game might cost Bo his job. On the positive side, Nebraska paid a very nice tribute to the UCLA player who was killed earlier in the week.