Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast
    I have had zero interest in any of these bowl games...I usually don't to be honest. I did get myself really hyped when Notre Dame made the title game a few years ago, but then got destroyed by Alabama.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Where "text" & "friend" are (n) & "fail" is (v)
    So, no 15-win season for Clemson. Alabama won. :yay:
    Too late; I already copyrighted these parodies: Rogue Juan, Rogue Won, Rogue Huan, Rogue Wan, Rogue Obi-Wan, Rouge One, Rogue Wand.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthQuack View Post
    I have had zero interest in any of these bowl games...I usually don't to be honest. I did get myself really hyped when Notre Dame made the title game a few years ago, but then got destroyed by Alabama.
    There's WAY too many bowl games now. Teams with dismal records play each other in obscure places with even more obscure sponsors. They need to get rid of about 75% of these games. Stick with the original few.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

For the first time in a few years, Youngstown State doesn't begin the season with an FCS (is that still the name in the post-BCS world?) loss, but a 45-10 home win. Pitt and Ohio State handle their easy home opponents. Weird that there are still games to play today (Sunday) and tomorrow (Monday) to close out this college football opening weekend.
    Too late; I already copyrighted these parodies: Rogue Juan, Rogue Won, Rogue Huan, Rogue Wan, Rogue Obi-Wan, Rouge One, Rogue Wand.

Nebraska beats Fresno St. 43-10. They had a really nice tribute to Sam Foltz at the start of the game. Even the Fresno players wore a helmet sticker to honor him. Played ok overall, but still need to improve on things before the Oregon game.

Wisconsin beat LSU...wow its still hard to believe. It was a "neutral site game" but not really with it being in Green Bay. It'll be a tough year for the Badgers...but at least they got by with a W in this game.

YSU gets paid to lose to WVU, OSU started slowly then poured it on versus a tough Tulsa team, and Pitt gets out to an early lead and holds on in its first game against Penn St. in some time. Next week, I predict that a certain SSG Forumite will not be on my side in the OSU/OU game.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo--klahoma needs to get its act together. Especially before next week end. OSU (and I don't mean Oklahoma State University) will be no picnic.
    Also, I will be at the game on Oct. 15. I'd like to see another win against Kansas St. as I did against West Virginia last year.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Nebraska beats Wyoming 52-17. The game was closer than the final score indicates. It was 24-17 going into the fourth. Alot of dumb penalties from the O-Line. Going to have to do better if we want to beat Oregon next week.

The word of the day this weekend was "delay." Pitt lost a shootout at OSU (the other one; no, that other other one) with an extended lightning delay (I learned a week earlier that if there is a reported lightning strike within 10 miles of the stadium, there's an automatic 30-minute wait until it's clear). YSU had a rain delay, then proceeded to close down Robert Morris (barely gave up 100 total yards to them, and just six points). OSU (yes, THE OSU) also had kickoff postponed over an hour, and then a result happened by the final whistle (sorry, TI). While the Buckeyes are thin on experience, their talent seems quite strong so far, on both sides of the ball.