Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Disney Star Tours Exclusive Figures

Rebelscum is reporting that someone on Ebay is selling the first shot, test shot, and hand painted prototypes of 2 of the 6 droid figures that were going to be exclusive to Disney. Here is the report and the pictures.

Disney Star Tours Exclusive Figures:
    With no official word on the Star Tours robot action figures yet, here's a sneak peak of them as seen at the following eBay auctions: first shot , test shot and hand painted prototype - Captain Rex (RX-24) and first shot , test shot and hand painted prototype - G5 DROID. There's still no word when these will be made available at the Disney theme parks, but rumor so far indicate sometime this summer.

Definate cool news, and according to a German collecting website, R2-A6 is going to be one of the figures of the 6.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Captain Rex (RX-24):
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	disneycaptainrexpfront.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	27.0 KB 
ID:	1003  
    Last edited by Beast; 03-12-2002 at 08:39 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

G5 Droid:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	disneyg5droidpfront.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	1004  

I don't understand what these figures are.From the cancelled Disney weekends?
    And also are these droids from the OT or AOTC or both?
    I really don't know if these will be a benifit to my collection or not.I know that's a subjective question and all but do you think?
    Bye to all.thanks for some good times.

Originally posted by Dryanta
    I don't understand what these figures are.From the cancelled Disney weekends? And also are these droids from the OT or AOTC or both? I really don't know if these will be a benifit to my collection or not.I know that's a subjective question and all but do you think?
    They are figures based on droid charecters from Disney's Star Tours attraction. They are technically EU stuff, but there are a couple of droids from the movies that are in the Star Tours attraction. C-3PO, R2-D2, R5-D4, and a Gonk Droid. So maybe they changed the POTJ R5-D4 to R4-M9 so that they can include R5 in this line. The german toy site that these were listed on a while back said that R2-A6 from E1 would be included so he's another possibility.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I get it now.I'll pass on any thing that wasn't in a movie.
    I'm not big on the EU.Thanks for the info Jar Jar
    Bye to all.thanks for some good times.

I havn't been on Star Tours in years! But these two figures are bringing back memories. They look cool, I'll definatly get them.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Well I sure as heck won't pass... Star Tours figures! Wheeee!

I went on that ride the first week it was open in Disneyland, it rules, although honestly, I prefer waiting in line even more than the actual ride. All the animatronics are awesome, made me feel like I was really in a hangar
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

They look awesome but I just have one fear. I just pray they are not exclusive to the parks. I just don't want to have to pay those astronomical tickets prices for these figures. Maybe the fan club will offer them.

Originally posted by Darth_Maul25SW
    They look awesome but I just have one fear. I just pray they are not exclusive to the parks. I just don't want to have to pay those astronomical tickets prices for these figures. Maybe the fan club will offer them.
    They will most likely be avaliable by mail like the recent disney park exclusive Indiana Jones figure was. Not to mention probably avaliable thru the Disney stores, as well as the fan club. I know there was some talk when news of these came out last year that they would most likely be avaliable probably thru the fan club, so no worries.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Originally posted by JarJarBinks

They will most likely be avaliable by mail like the recent disney park exclusive Indiana Jones figure was. Not to mention probably avaliable thru the Disney stores, as well as the fan club. I know there was some talk when news of these came out last year that they would most likely be avaliable probably thru the fan club, so no worries.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    We can only hope, but I thought that the Indiana Jones Disney figure exclusive sold out pretty quick. I'd like to get one of him. He'd look cool in with my SW collection as "Tatooine Smuggler Han."
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."