Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    The 2003 "Saga" Snowtrooper figure was also a commander, actually. The smooth appearance of the helmet on the new release is better.

I like that Vader's chain is finally just sculpted to his chest armor. He looks a little lanky, but I'm assuming the pieces will fit together better in production. Now that we have super-articulated versions of his ROTS and ANH looks, we really need an overhaul of the Evolutions set for new ESB and ROTJ figures.

Luke appears to have straps coming from the holster - presumably he unclips the fastener that holds the blaster in place, though I don't remember offhand. The official Hasbro photography shows interchangeable hands for Force-using and, possibly, handstands. The 2004 OTC Dagobah Luke is still one of the only human figures with swappable body parts, so I'm glad they're updating the idea here.

And in the official photography, it looks like some of the articulation has been photoshopped away - check out Toryn Farr's elbows. That's weird.
    Those must be the thickest straps ever then. They shouldn't have bothered with that element, it's a waste of budget, they're even painting the buckle at the end.

Good eye on Toryn Farr, my guess is her arm articulation got budgeted out. It looks like the new arms won't have elbow articulation anymore, I just hope that extreme bend is not included as well. There's also a little photoshop smear on the inside of the right shoulder, I wonder if that means they're pulling her shoulder articulation as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    The Saga version had the rank insignia. But the other details were not consistent with the Commander.
    You are mistaken, the Saga version had the rank insignia, the upside-down shoulderpads, the alternate forearm armor, closed-loop boots, and the hip holster, all of which are consistent with the Snowtrooper Commander. The only inconsistency with that figure to the Commander costume is the helmet skirt.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Did Hasbro carry these prototypes to the show in their pockets? This is the probably the roughest and most "damaged" the prototypes have looked at one of these shows.
    They usually mail the figures to shows, I would guess what we're seeing isn't "damage" but much earlier, rougher prototypes than usual.

Quote Originally Posted by sebillba View Post
    I'm mega excited for this wave, and all because of one figure.... finally we are getting an OT Yoda that is potentially better than the 1980s vintage figure! Luke looks amazing as well. The first images of these I saw were the official Hasbro pics on Facebook, and at first I thought they looked so good they must be from the 6" line. Hopefully we'll see more photos of Yoda without his cloak, though I'm guessing it'll just be the VC body again - which would be fine, though I'm hoping to see bj elbows instead of the swivels.

Does anyone have any idea when these might be coming out? (Whenever it is, it's not soon enough!!)

Edit: apparently they're not due till next Spring.
    I also thought there was a mixup and Yoda and Luke were 6", especially due to Luke's joints which are largely the same as the 6" line, and Yoda's all-cloth outfit. But I double-checked, the party images show Yoda in the background of Vader pics.

I hope Yoda has an all-new body system with better joints that works better with the cloth outfit.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

At this point, I wonder, realistically speaking, what the chances are we'll actually get any of these figures. I'm not entirely convinced Wave 2 will ship, given how turdly Wave 1 is and how it's pegwarming. And then Wave 2 isn't much better, and Wave 3 repeats a lot of the crap from the first two. Sigh.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Is that Luke for real with those joints? My word that's grotesque.

I'll get Toryn, Wedge, Snowtrooper and maybe Yoda.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Good eye on Toryn Farr, my guess is her arm articulation got budgeted out. It looks like the new arms won't have elbow articulation anymore, I just hope that extreme bend is not included as well. There's also a little photoshop smear on the inside of the right shoulder, I wonder if that means they're pulling her shoulder articulation as well.
    It looks like there are signs of photoshopping near her right elbow as well - check out the blur. My guess is that the figure will still have shoulder and elbow articulation but the promo image was edited for a cleaner look. From what I can tell, the torso, crotch, and legs are from TVC Hoth Leia, but the arms are new - so it is possible that they're being reconfigured to have less articulation. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    At this point, I wonder, realistically speaking, what the chances are we'll actually get any of these figures. I'm not entirely convinced Wave 2 will ship, given how turdly Wave 1 is and how it's pegwarming. And then Wave 2 isn't much better, and Wave 3 repeats a lot of the crap from the first two. Sigh.
    While some people have seen wave 2 in stores, I think most collectors have turned to online. Thank the Force that HasbroToyShop and Amazon have reasonably-priced individual figures again. I've been seeing revised figures from wave 1 but not a peep from wave 2 - and in most instances I don't even think it's the carry-forwards, but rather new shipments of wave 1. That said, Hasbro is looking for a new Director of Product Design and Development for the SW brand, and while I don't know if this would even affect distribution I just hope they can get someone who actually has a clue as to what he's doing.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Thankfully these figures are all coming two per case – EE also has them as a set. I already got Dak back when he was released in TVC (when he had a "c" in his name), so barring any major differences, I won't be getting him. Bastila Shan, though, is the only US-released basic figure I don't have, so I'm excited to finally be getting her three years after her release (and to not have to pay $70 for her online).

Hopefully future waves will also be two per case as it just makes everything easier. Since stores rarely get in more than one case at a time these days, it's so frustrating realizing you've missed out on some figures. This will also make ordering online much easier so you don't have to be saddled with a ton of crap figures that you already have and nobody wants to buy – just split a case or buy a set. Now that we're getting into the more interesting collector-focused Black Series figures, this is definitely the right move on Hasbro's part.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

2 per case of Toryn Farr is a horrible idea. If ever there was an argument for shortpacking, it's Ms. Boring MacDoesNothing.

At $10 a pop, this line is struggling so hard to keep my interest, I cannot remember the last figure I was excited about.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I have like all the Jaina Solo figures shipped to Southern California in 2010 I think.

I'm buying 2 extra Torryn to make Jedi Academy Jaina if it works.

So I might buy 3 of her total and none of the other figures interest me.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.