Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1

    3 3/4" Black Series Wave 2

    Carded images have surfaced of three wave 2 figures - Stormtrooper, 41st Elite Corps Clone Trooper, and R2-D2.

    It looks like the stormtrooper is the TVC sandtrooper without any gear, meaning his helmet is non-removable. This figure was previously sold in a Target Special Action Figure set (unless it has unforeseen modifications, perhaps like filling in the backpack hole). When the stormtrooper appeared on rumor lists, I expected it was the sandtrooper instead, so this is a welcome figure.

    The clone trooper is the gray-striped version seen on Coruscant, not the Kashyyyk armor version. It uses the newest clone body. The helmet looks a little different but I don't think it has been updated, unfortunately.

    R2-D2 is another figure from the cancelled Legacy Collection, and appears to be a clean redeco of the TAC booster rockets figure. Maybe not the most exciting choice, but it's a version I've wanted for a long time, so it will be good to finally have a normal booster rocket R2-D2 that isn't awful.

    If early lists are any indication, then Pablo-Jill, Luminara Unduli, and Mara Jade will round out the wave.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

  2. #2
    Why is the 41st elite missing the gray on the shoulder pads, belt, and lower legs?

  3. #3
    Because he's still in training?
    May the force be with you.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Droid View Post
    Why is the 41st elite missing the gray on the shoulder pads, belt, and lower legs?
    Wow, you're right, that's bad. I added a question for JT to ask at SDCC, but hopefully a lot of people will bug Hasbro and get them to fix it.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

  5. #5
    The page has been updated to show the remainder of the wave - Mara Jade, Pablo-Jill, and Luminara Unduli. Yoda's News has higher-quality carded and loose shots of each.

    I'm glad that Luminara finally has her outer robe, which was left off of the ROTS figure and its Order 66 repaint. She looks like a pretty significant upgrade. I wonder if something was supposed to go in that space in her bubble?

    Mara Jade looks nice, but with that giant hair it's more like Mara Fawcett. I find it funny that the image shows her with the goggles and hood when this figure doesn't have those accessories (which would have been easy repacks from the comic pack figure).

    Pablo-Jill looks great - hopefully Hasbro still follows through with Coleman Kcaj.

    Aside from the p***-poor 41st Elite clone, this wave is pretty solid overall.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

  6. #6
    Well wave 2 definitely peaks my interest more than wave 1. I definitly want at least 1 stormtrooper. I've not bought an updated one in a long time, the last single card release stormtrooper seemed to yellow terribly fast. Also I hate removable helmets in most cases, glad to know this sculpt doesn't feature it. I also want Mara, and the Luminara to go with the recent Barriss.
    ~Umbra: Light is only a shadow cast by the darkness of the stars

  7. #7
    JTA posted some images of the second 3.75" Black Series wave:
    http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/co...12370/#details

    That Stormtrooper looks to be one of the worst things that Hasbro has produced in years. Also, what's the deal with Mara Jade's face and hair? She looks like a guy cosplaying as Mara Jade wearing a red Cher wig.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

  8. #8
    This entire line is underwhelming. There's not a single figure I want, especially for $10, until Wave 3. I hope the line lasts long enough for those to actually see release.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

  9. #9
    They didn't fix the 41st Elite Corps Clone. Hopefully it gets corrected as a running change - if not, well, we have three previous versions of this figure anyway. (As an aside, howsabout a new Kashyyyk armor 41st Elite Corps figure that isn't puny?)

    Mara's eyebrows are ridiculous, and the Stormtrooper is just the Dewback/TVC Sandtrooper without the gear - and the hole is still in the back. It has the fold-out blaster from the second TVC Sandtrooper, so that's something.

    Pablo-Jill looks pretty awesome, though. He has rocker ankles and interesting ball-joint wrists. It'll be good to get him so long after he was first announced.

    Luminara looks great as well. I was looking at the arena Jedi figures recently, and I'm very glad that she has her full cloak for the first time since the crazy 2002 statue.

    R2-D2 looks a soft now compared to the 6" figure, but it's still a repaint I've wanted for years.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    JTA posted some images of the second 3.75" Black Series wave:
    http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/co...12370/#details

    That Stormtrooper looks to be one of the worst things that Hasbro has produced in years. Also, what's the deal with Mara Jade's face and hair? She looks like a guy cosplaying as Mara Jade wearing a red Cher wig.
    Man, no kidding, that's awful awful AWFUL! I thought they were talking about an all-new helmet and parts on the Stormtrooper, I really hope that's not what they had in mind because you are so right, that's one of the worst things they've done since EVER. Granted, it's a weird camera angle thing going on but that's not all that's going on.

    Mara's head sculpt is putrid, they went with a wig-like hairpiece design that sits too high for a big forehead, then sharp jawline angles and heavy eyebrow paint, it does have a very masculine look to it, it's tragic and doubly wasteful since this version of Mara didn't win the slot and now it's also an awful-looking figure.

    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    This entire line is underwhelming. There's not a single figure I want, especially for $10, until Wave 3. I hope the line lasts long enough for those to actually see release.
    Totally agreed, and I really don't want to be a doomsayer but holy crap, this line feels like it's being flushed right down the toilet with every new reveal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    They didn't fix the 41st Elite Corps Clone. Hopefully it gets corrected as a running change - if not, well, we have three previous versions of this figure anyway. (As an aside, howsabout a new Kashyyyk armor 41st Elite Corps figure that isn't puny?)

    Mara's eyebrows are ridiculous, and the Stormtrooper is just the Dewback/TVC Sandtrooper without the gear - and the hole is still in the back. It has the fold-out blaster from the second TVC Sandtrooper, so that's something.

    Pablo-Jill looks pretty awesome, though. He has rocker ankles and interesting ball-joint wrists. It'll be good to get him so long after he was first announced.

    Luminara looks great as well. I was looking at the arena Jedi figures recently, and I'm very glad that she has her full cloak for the first time since the crazy 2002 statue.

    R2-D2 looks a soft now compared to the 6" figure, but it's still a repaint I've wanted for years.
    Yeah, why am I not surprised we couldn't trust their word on the 41st clone? That's a big miss. I doubt it'll get a fix at this point.

    Where are you seeing back pics of the Stormtrooper?

    R2 looks like a huge step back from the drink tray one we got 3 years ago, the panel lines are cut way deeper here on both the body and dome, the only thing that's better is the main eye.

    I don't care at all about the clone, Luminara (how many Luminaras do we need at this point???) or Pablo-Jill. I don't think I care about Ep 2 Anakin either but am not sure.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO