Hybrid View

Article: Star Wars Rebels Action Figure Line and Packaging Revealed

Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The packaging looks animated, I wonder if these figures will have an animated style as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    The packaging looks animated, I wonder if these figures will have an animated style as well.
    Im Ok with that. I know I may be a minority in enjoying the Clone Wars style as it seemed special in its own way that I look forward to more of this

Is it just me, or does anyone get a sort of attempt at a "Serenity: The Animated Series" vibe based on that bit about the Ghost?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Is it just me, or does anyone get a sort of attempt at a "Serenity: The Animated Series" vibe based on that bit about the Ghost?
    Yeah, I did pick that up. But it could also be "Bablyon 5: Legend of the Rangers" and that was a turd.

Quote Originally Posted by nohagent View Post
    Im Ok with that. I know I may be a minority in enjoying the Clone Wars style as it seemed special in its own way that I look forward to more of this
    I liked Clone Wars animated quite a bit, until it just became repetitive clonetroopers and Jedi figures.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Even though this line look could easily cause flashbacks to the first Legacy Collection card, I dig it. The helmet does indeed look like it's based on the stormtrooper image they revealed at SDCC, but those images were all at an angle and this art looks a little less stylized. Anyway, while I assume that's the only Rebels reveal from Hasbro for the weekend, I'm really looking forward to news about the show from Saturday's panel, and hopefully we'll see some actual Hasbro items at Toy Fair.

I assume The Black Series (in both scales) and this Rebels line will coexist and ship separately but side-by-side as The Vintage Collection and TCW did, but this makes me wonder how long Saga Legends and Mission Series will continue. I also want to know if the figures will have much articulation and how much they'll be priced. (For the record, I feel this is too many different lines and would like to see an $8 line that has around eight to ten points of articulation and strong accessories for the new series and movie, but that's just me.)

I was also a fan of The Clone Wars line, though it can be a frustrating to some folks when figures don't match the rest of the collection or it feels like they have to start all over (which is happening again with some collectors' reactions to the 6" figures). Plus, the fact that TCW line ended means we're never going to get any new figures that match this style, but now it feels like starting over again when they bring TCW into the regular line.

As to the premise of the show - I'll check specifics soon, but in early planning stages, TCW originally had nothing to do with Anakin or Obi-Wan an instead followed the ragtag crew of a Falcon-esque ship. I wonder if any of those elements will make it into Rebels.

I'm curious if it's an animated line or not. Doesn't bother me either way. I liked the CW line and hated to see it end. There were a multitude of figures that could've been created in the CW universe that weren't.