Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Now I am rooting for a curved-stick payback series: LA vs. Montreal. The Kings just need one more win (after tonight's 2OT loss) to set up half of that; Canadiens will need two straight to complete the other.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Tonight's game was such a downer, the big comeback in the 2nd period just faded into playing a weak offense for a strong defense. I know the Kings had less to lose and more to protect, but it still seemed like they never really got cohesive unless they were on their own side of the ice, and eventually they gave the Blackhawks enough time to find an opening. Hopefully Friday's game will finish the series out though.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Hopefully Friday's game will finish the series out though.
    Well, they have won some Game 7s on the road before... will need to do just that to advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Advance View Post
    Well, they have won some Game 7s on the road before... will need to do just that to advance.
    So, three straight 7-game series, winning each on the road. Will they return the favor to the loyal Kings fans and win Game 7 at home? That would be 28 playoff games, including 12 playoff losses (the most by a Cup champ, I believe); wow. Hope the SoCal ice will hold up in June weather.

Oh, the ice at the Staples Center is always cold and bright. Now if they can avoid any more "on their heels" performances the way they had against the Blackhawks in the last 2 games, the Rangers should be done for quickly -- LA was I think outskated and outcoached in that last game especially, yet they got it right just enough to win in OT, and I don't think the Rangers are the team that Chicago was. Still, the Rangers have enjoyed a lot more rest time than LA, so that may factor in.

I've got the chips, dip, sodas, fruits, and TV all ready to go tomorrow.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Wow; like The Dan Patrick Show's "Stat of the Day" feature: LA Kings have not led for a single second of this series so far, yet have a 2-0 lead in wins. Amazing.

Oh, and the Penguins apparently felt their most successful coach (all-time playoff wins, 2nd in regular season, one Cup), Dan Bylsma, was no longer needed, but a new GM was.

I think maybe the Kings need a whole practice warm-up game before the actual game, coming alive in the 3rd period is agony for the audience and risky to leave it to sudden death OT.

But the worst has to be when they picked up their 2nd goal and Jonathan Quick tried to help out with the puck behind the net after a face off only to have the goal untended when the Rangers flew in and picked it off a mere 12 seconds later to make it 2-4, every time Quick went after a puck outside of the goal afterwards I was yelling at the tv.

And then they got hungry and started dominating... until it tied, then it was back to dropping simple passes and giving up monumentally-frustrating turnovers -- it's like they're the Washington Generals 90% of these last 5 games.

If the Kings weren't tired before, going into NY in just 2 days oughta do it. I have a feeling when they're tired early, it's going to get super physical on the ice and NY won't be walking straight afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I think maybe the Kings need a whole practice warm-up game before the actual game, coming alive in the 3rd period is agony for the audience and risky to leave it to sudden death OT.

But the worst has to be when they picked up their 2nd goal and Jonathan Quick tried to help out with the puck behind the net after a face off only to have the goal untended when the Rangers flew in and picked it off a mere 12 seconds later to make it 2-4, every time Quick went after a puck outside of the goal afterwards I was yelling at the tv.

And then they got hungry and started dominating... until it tied, then it was back to dropping simple passes and giving up monumentally-frustrating turnovers -- it's like they're the Washington Generals 90% of these last 5 games.

If the Kings weren't tired before, going into NY in just 2 days oughta do it. I have a feeling when they're tired early, it's going to get super physical on the ice and NY won't be walking straight afterwards.
    When they are going, LA looks like the best team in the league, certainly the most complete. It is scary how they haven't played their best at times in the series, especially early on in Games 1 and 2, but still managed to win. The sign of a great team.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

If the Kings do win in game 5 at home, LA, please don't riot. Please.

Game 4 for the Kings was back to the sloppy, half-assed play seen in the first games of this series and the end of the previous series, but I swear Lundqvist is shaving snow into his goals to keep all those pucks from crossing that line. Honestly, that NY win felt like the Kings were just saving their energy for the home game. As for riots, who riots over Ice Hockey?!?