Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Honestly, that NY win felt like the Kings were just saving their energy for the home game. As for riots, who riots over Ice Hockey?!?
    I know they said they weren't looking to win on home ice, but I agree that the eye test said a tad differently.

Hockey riots? How about Detroit, Vancouver, Boston? Nashville? And there were Lakers riots, once or twice.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

And they Went Kings Went... and won another Cup.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

KINGS WIN! KINGS WIN! KINGS WIN! Martinez's celebration was perfect since he had gotten the OT goal in the previous series, so long as you can forgive jazz-hands (Lundqvist's face-down defeat pose was so dramatic that it pretty much made jazz-hands forgivable). Let's riot! I'll be on the couch, rioting from home.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Hockey riots? How about Detroit, Vancouver, Boston? Nashville? And there were Lakers riots, once or twice.
    This is LA, this is hockey, there's not a lot of riot potential, especially after the last time when the LAPD underestimated response and let it get a little out of hand.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

L.A.'s journey to the Cup may have been the most difficult, improbable, in NHL playoff history, considering what happened in the first round, and against the Cup Champs later in the conference Finals.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowly Bantha Cleaner View Post
    L.A.'s journey to the Cup may have been the most difficult, improbable, in NHL playoff history, considering what happened in the first round, and against the Cup Champs later in the conference Finals.
    Some radio people have said that, but for SPORTS playoff history, considering: three straight 7-game series, with each Game 7 win on the road; all those 2-goal deficits the Kings overcame; number of OT wins; obviously the historic 0-3 comeback; quality of their Western Conference opponents (with each earning at least 107 points on the season). It was fun to watch... once rooting for the Penguins was over for me.

Yeah, that was an insanely challenging post-season, but I wonder how much of it was internal rather than external factors, the Kings finding their legs, ebbing and flowing from game to game, only to get that rhythm at the end each time. I'm glad the finals didn't go to game 7 though, that was rough when they didn't take game 4.

So on Monday, my girlfriend and I went downtown via the Expo line light rail to the middle of the parade route, found an open spot on the barricades, bought a genuine Kings cap for me and a knock-off banner for her from wandering unlicensed vendors, and caught the parade. It was great to see the players and coaches, they looked really happy, and Sutter looked pretty boss in the official locker room T-shirt, but the best part was the flatbed in the middle carrying the Stanley Cup, that was great to see it hoisted up all close like that.

Afterwards, we went to Philippe the Original (also by light rail) and then went home and watched the parade coverage and rally on DVR - the highlights there were the mayor's F-bomb raising a drink, and Darryl Sutter's comments to NBC4's Mario "we're live on NBC4" Solis where the coach spoke for SEVERAL MINUTES STRAIGHT and used MULTISYLLABIC WORDS and had actual EMPHASIS! That was easily the best thing ever, even Fred Roggin immediately after commented on that historic nature.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowly Bantha Cleaner View Post
    If one could award a Stanley Cup in November, than one could award it to either California team that have an aquatic animal as their mascot. Both look deadly, but things can change from now until June.
    Right state, wrong team
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

I sure did pick a terrible time to travel out of the city, missing the Kings historic triumph and Kershaw's no hitter.

Uh, anyone else had NO IDEA the hockey draft was today, Friday June 27th?

<---- :thisguy: