Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Article: NYCC 2013: MEET THE INQUISITOR, THE NEW FACE OF EVIL IN STAR WARS REBELS

"SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

So, in order to have a recurring villain who gets stumped or beaten every episode without cheapening Vader, they introduce a new Vader clone.

However, this Inquisitor guy has been "tasked by Darth Vader to hunt down the remaining Jedi Knights." Meaning that, likely, Vader won't be doing what we've always expected Vader to do.

And how many "not quite Sith Lord" Dark Jedi does this make running around, working for Vader or Palpatine?

My thoughts exactly. It waters down the whole "last of the jedi" thing. Plus, wouldn't it had been more exciting series to watch Vader "gun" down jedi after jedi, week after week? I mean, Vader was supposed to be the one that hunts down the last of the jedi, now it's Starkiller and the Inquisitor? And shouldn't a series called "Rebels" be about the creation of the Rebel Alliance; not jedi hunting? I might be getting ahead of myself, by I found this reveal to be extremely disappointing.

With all their talk about going back and studying the old Ralph McQuarrie paintings and trying to match that look, this is exactly the opposite of what I was hoping to see for this show.

Ugh, another cartoon clown, you guys are totally right about your point regarding Vader's role here being watered down.

BB is right on the money too with a lack of McQuarrie-era design, this is straight out of ROTS.

His lightsaber is remarkably similar to the Hasbro General Grievous role play item.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    His lightsaber is remarkably similar to the Hasbro General Grievous role play item.
    Which will be resurrected to a store near you...
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Well, remember that Obi-Wan said Vader "helped the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi Knights." He didn't say that Vader was alone, or even in charge. It's a big galaxy, and remember that Vader once recruited six bounty hunters to search for one little ship.

I want to see how The Inquisitor looks alongside other (non-trooper) characters since we still don't really have an idea of what the show will look like. He looks pretty cartoony, so I wonder how he will be portrayed in the show. He's also very visually similar to many previous SW characters - the red stripes make him look like The Son or Darth Bane, and lord knows how many bald gray Sith wannabes exist at this point. Though I do appreciate the fact that he's Utapaun since the species isn't depicted too often.

I also thought of the Grievous saber. Leland Chee tweeted a memory about the toy the same day, and of course the show will include ships based on Kenner toys (as TCW featured doppelgängers for vintage figures), so I believe that was the intent.

The fact that the main villain of the show is a Jedi hunter would obviously seem to indicate a recurring - if not regular - Jedi presence on the show. It could be that there are multiple Jedi that come in and out of the story, but I bet it's more likely that one of the main characters is a Jedi. A 30-year-old Ms. Tano perhaps?

This might be a nitpick, but does it bother anyone else a bit that the original trilogy presented it as if all the Jedi were wiped out except Obi-Wan and Yoda? Then you get a handful of guys in the EU who went underground, who usually had left the Order before the events of ROTS.

And, now, since ROTS, we've gotten quite a few Jedi who are still around, chilling with the nascent rebellion. So what was the big deal about Luke? And why didn't he get any Jedi pointers at all from guys like Rahm Kota, Ferus Olin, and possibly Asohka Tano?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    This might be a nitpick, but does it bother anyone else a bit that the original trilogy presented it as if all the Jedi were wiped out except Obi-Wan and Yoda?
    It bothers me a lot, not just a bit. I can't stand the EU because everything is lost Jedi, more Sith, more dark Force users who are for some reason not considered Sith, Clone Emperors, cyborg Maul, etc., etc. I would find a story about the early days of the Rebellion, where they fought evil without the Jedi to help very interesting. I also would found a story about Vader hunting down the last Jedi interesting. A story about Jedi mucking around in the early Rebellion and someone other than Vader carrying around a red lightsaber and hunting Jedi drives me crazy.

None of the fan base made up this "only two" Sith thing. Lucas decided that was a good idea. It would have been totally fine to have a whole group of Sith in the prequels. But they laid out that rule and then have done everything they can to ignore it.

When you watch ANH by itself, you tend to get the impression that the Empire looks down upon Jedi and Force-users as an archaic and obsolete way of thinking. Their "fire had gone out" and Darth Vader was "all that was left of their religion." So, men like Grand Moff Tarkin seemed to look at the Force as a quaint but outdated worldview that had no relevance whatsoever to the "modern" world. The Empire was superior to everything that had come before and there was really no room for mystics and prophecies in this new world order. Vader was somebody that Tarkin tolerated, but he really had no respect for some black-robed "wizard" wandering around the halls of his Death Star.

Now I'm worried that we're going to be seeing the Empire filled with Force-users and a red lightsaber around every other corner.