Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

HBO's Sex and the City

I'm sorry, but I have to rant about this series for a moment here. This by far has to be the WORST show I have ever seen. The humor is horrible. The dialogue sucks. The situations are stupid. What do people find appealing about this show? Sarah Jessica Parker is horrible and I certainly don't think that she deserved to win the Golden Globe 3 times in a row when far more talented people were up against her. Plus I think she won a SAG award for it which she didn't deserve either. The show has won I beileve 3 Golden Globes as well and has beat out Friends three years in a row. How is this possible? Friends is a million times better than Sex and the City and deserved to win. Who votes for these things? Obviously the same people have voted for it year after year. Get rid of them and get some people who actually know what good acting and television is all about. Sorry for the ranting, but I had to get it out there. If anyone would like to comment, feel free.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

I've only watched about 15 minutes of one episode of Sex in the City, and I dispised it so much I haven't watched it again. It may or may not be good, but its all relative, some people like it, some don't. Some people like Star Wars, others don't. Its all relative.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

Yeah, but StarWars is good, and those who don't like it are wacko. That's the key thing there.

Sex and the City, tried to watch it one time because nothing else was on, but it was boring but I found something better than that - The Test Pattern.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Well... (I swim upstream...)

I hate to admit this is one of the few shows I watch on the tele. I really don't like most of the programmes on and don't watch often, but I DO tune into this one. I have to say the first two seasons were the best. The last one was... not so good, to be kind.

The one show that drives me to wanting to maim people is "Ally McBeal"... that and "Friends".
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Well.....

We're a diverse lot, aren't we, we SW fans

S&TC is one of my favourite shows in TV, I think the humour is supremely funny and pushes the envelope. As a general rule, if you are male you will hate the show, if female, you'll love it.

Here in the UK a lot of people comment on how strange it is that it gets shown in the US as your censors/decision makers are very prudish in these kinds of shows . Luckily Channel 4 has no morals so we get 2 episodes a week, back to back

As far as Friends and Ally McBeal goes, I'd have to invoke the "flog a horse until it's dead" maxim, or revoke the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" one . Friends has become a pedestrian plod through boring already-familiar turf and Ally McBeal had a shelf life that has, sadly, expired.

I'm glad to say that the stars of S&TC have signed up for another 2 seasons

jeddah

I have only seen a few minutes of S&TC, but nothing really impressed me about it.
    It seems shows nowadays cant keep a target audience for more than a few seasons.
    Shows like "The Simpsons" and others are the rarity in that they have survived numerous seasons.
    If I had to choose one program to watch weekly though it would be "Smallville", because I am a Superman freak. I havent missed a single episode since its debut in October. I really think it will be around a while since the plots are usually good and the storyline is good.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

SATC

I haven't seen any Sex and the City episodes yet, but I did download the entire first season on dvd-quality (.avi format) CDs as a gift for my mother. As long as I went to the trouble to d/l them, I kept a copy of the first season for myself. If anyone wants a set of first season CDs, let me know.
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

I don't mind that some of you like this show. It is a free country. What I am more interested in talking about is "Does S&TC really deserve to win the Golden Globe numerous times over greater shows like Friends, Frasier, or Will and Grace?" And also does "Sarah Jessica Parker deserve to win 3 years in a row?" I don't think the show is that worthy of all this praise. I could understand perhaps receiving an award every once in a while, but every year? This is ridiculous. And especially since SJP can't act herself out of a bag, I get a little irritated.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

Winning...?

No... I don't think so. I have a fond place in my heart for Will & Grace, which is one of the other shows I watch. I think there are only about 5 I watch as the cable series usually have a shorter season and each one gets swapped out for the next. I think the cast of W&G is relentlessly talented and the dialogue is about the best written and most clever on tele right now.

As for "Frasier" (loved it... don't love it anymore). "Friends" ("Love you like a cold sore"- Karen Walker on W&G)
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I have only watched a few minutes of this show and even though I do enjoy watching MS Parker,this show is bad. The only thing good about it to me is the remote so I can change the channel. I hope That I didn't step on anyones toes who like it but that is how I feel about it. If you like it,enjoy it and for those who don't. Be thankfull for the remote.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."