Hybrid View

Working on a Book!

Well, consider me inspired. I've decided to write a book. The working title is "Downsizing, There's an App for That: Living in the Digital Age".

The plan is to go 100% digital for 2014 and keep a running diary. So the book will open up with a few chapters on the pros and cons, devices, etc. So, beginning 1 January 2014 I will no longer buy ANY physical media, books, magazines, movies, music, comic books, newspapers, etc. Every time the family uses a service like Hulu Plus, Netlix, iTunes, etc. we will keep a running diary (what shows we watch, how long we spend on these devices and services). What shows will we watch, how often do we really use these services, what will we buy, how much will we spend? This will be an in depth analysis of an average family of four. This will be a 1 year home study running through 2014, and to my knowledge, the first of it's kind.
    May the force be with you.

Will the book be only available in non-physical form, too?
    Congrats! The first step is taking the initiative to do such a thing. I, however, haven't made it past this first step on multiple occasions.
    Steinbeck, Achebe, Shakespeare, Cervantes, Bronte, Sith_Killer_99; nice ring to it!
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Well, my first book was just published 1 week ago!

http://www.amazon.com/BURIED-VALUES-...=Buried+Values

You can purchase it in digital format. I suppose that it then will include digital cocaine and oxycontins. I heard they don't have the same effect as when using the real thing, though.

I still prefer paper books. However, don't let the higher price fool you. That's not I setting the price. And I make an established royalty either way, regardless of what is purchased.

But you can read (online) up to the first 10% (possibly 7 chapters) of my work online (you must be logged in to your Amazon.com account however). If you are not logged in, you can still read chapter 1 for free.

I hope I wrote something exciting.

There are a zillion hurdles to publishing your book Sith_Killer. I'll be blogging about some on my Facebook and BuriedValues.com sites.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BVTLibrary FINAL FRONT WEB.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	28241  
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    Well, consider me inspired. I've decided to write a book. The working title is "Downsizing, There's an App for That: Living in the Digital Age".

The plan is to go 100% digital for 2014 and keep a running diary. So the book will open up with a few chapters on the pros and cons, devices, etc. So, beginning 1 January 2014 I will no longer buy ANY physical media, books, magazines, movies, music, comic books, newspapers, etc. Every time the family uses a service like Hulu Plus, Netlix, iTunes, etc. we will keep a running diary (what shows we watch, how long we spend on these devices and services). What shows will we watch, how often do we really use these services, what will we buy, how much will we spend? This will be an in depth analysis of an average family of four. This will be a 1 year home study running through 2014, and to my knowledge, the first of it's kind.
    Sounds interesting. Don't think I could do it though. I like having physical copies of things over digital. Also not certain you can survive for very long on only virtual food & water, but if Pac-Man can make power pellets work for him I guess you can too. I think I heard of another family doing a similar thing, but only in the opposite direction. They were going to spend an entire year existing on only 1980's technology (so no internet, cells, Netflix, etc.).
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Malakite View Post
    I think I heard of another family doing a similar thing, but only in the opposite direction. They were going to spend an entire year existing on only 1980's technology (so no internet, cells, Netflix, etc.).
    The internet was around then, as were cell phones....granted the net sucked and the phones were Zack Morris style but still they were around.