Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    In all honesty, the only thing that is keeping me interested in Star Wars toys right now is the 6 inch line.

I only have one of them (Darth Maul), but I am getting Boba Fett from a friend on Sunday.

To answer JT's question though..I do not think Hasbro wants to drive us away, but they aren't really doing much to keep us around either. My guess is they are looking ahead to the new movies.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

There are not many figures I'm dying to have, but there are a lot that I would buy. Hasbro just doesn't put out figures of new characters anyore. Everything is Clones, Sandtroopers, Anakin, Vader, repeat. I think not making one totally new cantina alien and Jabba's palace character per year is a crime. JUST ONE. I know they can't do a wave with just Cliegg, Sim Aloo, Kitster/Wald, Mustache Bespin Guard, but why not one really interesting collector figure a year. That gets me in stores. And that gets me to buy a particularly good Luke. It seems like it used to be I would buy about half the figures in a wave with there being one new character, one great resculpt, an interesting accessory.

It is poor figure selection. Poor distribution. Poor execution (how many figures did we wait years for a couple years back to have released with red eyes?) And meaningless and abandoned release schedules with barely two waves a year.

I really think having all of these lines has been the problem. Clone Wars. Saga Legends. 5 points of articulation. Vintage. At this point, I really think there should be one line with six waves in a year with something for everyone in each wave or two, unknown characters, prequels, original films, re-releases, EU, main chacater.

But I don't think Hasbro is doing any of it on purpose.

I dunno. Maybe I'll have to change my mind.

I was at Walmart earlier, and started to look through the figures, when Derryl DePriest hit me from behind with one of those 30" Darth Vader figures and snarled, "Get out of here. We don't want your kind here, collector!"
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post

I was at Walmart earlier, and started to look through the figures, when Derryl DePriest hit me from behind with one of those 30" Darth Vader figures and snarled, "Get out of here. We don't want your kind here, collector!"
    I bought one of those Vader figures at Costco for my classroom. It's imposing, so I put right where the students turn in their homework.

I think Hasbro has had several issues lately that is causing problems.

- Lucasfilm cancelling the 3D releases. This caused them to rush a new card design which I find uninspire and apparently technically flawed with the glue. The figure selection made sense with the heroes of those movies being rereleased for new collectors and kids but without the release it just a bunch of figures we are tired of seeing.

-Price. I hear this gripe a lot. Price is always going to go up. Go talk to a long time smoker and ask them about thier habit. As long as Star Wars is the premier brand it is expect it to be more than other figures because costs are higher. To me the cost hikes are annoying but it is not going to make my decision. Even when they where doing 60 figures a year that is only $60 more a year for a dollar increase. But still they have made cheaper line of figures with the 5POA to appeal to kids. That is fine but I'm not going to be getting any that aren't new characters because I want quality. And while some people love these figures I think the molds are sub par and the paint aps are lacking.

-Availability. This is my biggest gripe. Ever since the debacle of the Episode I vintage wave I haven't seen a regular flow of figures hitting the pegs. I was hoping that with the black series hitting I would see that return to normal. While I have seen wave 1 I have only now started seeing a smattering of wave two. Unfortunately for Hasbro I now find it more benificial to buy figures online so I have. I missed out on Starkiller and Shae Vizla and I waited for the release of the rerelease wave that I believe was cancelled. Since then I have seen both of those skyrocket to astronomical prices. So until I feel confident about seeing figures in a store again I will buy online. This is unfortunate because Hasbro has repeated stated that if they can't sell things at retail they won't sell it at all.

-Competition- There are so many action figure lines out right now it is crazy. Hasbro is not only competing with other companies but also with themselves. They have Star Wars, GI Joe, Transformers, Iron Man, Spider Man, Thor, Wolverine, Avengers, Marvel Universe, and Captain America. Each one of those I would have been crazy for as a kid. Only Toys R Us really has the space to carry all of those lines and there aren't enough kid dollars around to have long term success for all of those lines. Before the Wolverine movie even came out they decided that half of the Legends figures weren't going to make it out in that line. Then they announce that Marvel Universe was going to be absorbed into the Avengers line.

-Character Well run dry - yes I'm sure that there are figures every collector can come up with that they want. I'm sure I can come up with twenty in five minutes but I have around 2500 of these figures so when they say that they are doing another Anakin or Luke or Obi-wan I just don't care at this point because I know I already have a decent version of that character. And it isn't even the main characters the secondary jedi like Luminara, Plo Koon, Aayla Secura, etc. The good news on this front is Rebels starts in 2014 and the movies start in 2015 so after that we will have five straight years of movies that fix this problem for another 20 years. Hopefully they will sneak in a Kitster or Wald or similar figure in the mix while pumping out the Old timer Luke, Han, and Leia figures.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post

Those are made by Jakks Pacific, not Hasbro. (But I'm sure they make a great blunt instrument anyway.)

Quote Originally Posted by dindae
    - Lucasfilm cancelling the 3D releases. This caused them to rush a new card design which I find uninspire and apparently technically flawed with the glue. The figure selection made sense with the heroes of those movies being rereleased for new collectors and kids but without the release it just a bunch of figures we are tired of seeing.
    They could've released the Droid Factory/Legacy Collection figures without the AOTC and ROTS releases; their stated reason for replacing it with The Black Series is that including the droid pieces was going to drive up the prices even more and they didn't want to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by dindae
    While I have seen wave 1 I have only now started seeing a smattering of wave two. Unfortunately for Hasbro I now find it more benificial to buy figures online so I have. I missed out on Starkiller and Shae Vizla and I waited for the release of the rerelease wave that I believe was cancelled. Since then I have seen both of those skyrocket to astronomical prices. So until I feel confident about seeing figures in a store again I will buy online. This is unfortunate because Hasbro has repeated stated that if they can't sell things at retail they won't sell it at all.
    Wave 2 is only starting to hit so you're not seeing anything different from most collectors. I haven't seen it yet, though I haven't been looking much. Where has Hasbro stated they wouldn't sell that way? With exclusives going to Amazon (though it's not like we haven't had online exclusives in the past), it's not hard to imagine this happening more and more as we move farther and farther into a digital world.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Was hanging out at a friend's house yesterday (who got me a Boba Fett) and I got to see all of wave 2 in hand.

Fett and Solo are the best of the 4, in my opinion. Greedo then Leia after that.

I'm a fanboy of Fett, I won't lie..however this 6 inch version of him is pure win. The details, paint apps, everything about him I love. It isn't a perfect figure, but it's pretty darn close.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

If Hasbro really wanted to keep collectors interested, they'd put all their lines on hiatus for several months and just release a huge Thunderclash toy.
    Tommy, close your eyes.